Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Does Level make a big difference (not gear or mods)

I've read a bunch of posts and get no decent answers on it and the posts tend to be older. So I shall ask again!

My most used characters that are around the level 75 mark. I am currently at level 81. Will bringing their level up make a big difference to their stats? It's going to cost a heck of a lot of credits to do it so is it worth my time and credits?
  • Level alone is minimal stat increase but you wont be able to omega their abilities or zeta them w*o level requirement also you wont be able to gear them because of level restrictions
  • The real first major benchmark in hero level is 50. This is when you can add mods. As far as whether 80 vs 85 is a significant jump considering the resource cost, skills and gear do have level restrictions. The incremental Stat increase isn't too significant compared to mods or gear, but level increase is needed for skill/gear. So ya. It is important.
  • There is also a level delta component for Tenacity vs Potency checks so it is significantly easier to get debuffs from higher level enemies and significantly harder to inflict debuffs on higher level enemies.
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Level is important only for the fact that you cannot max out abilities of most characters unless you bring them up level 80+. Gear levels are also restricted based on levels of characters.
  • "Huatimus;c-1531312" wrote:
    There is also a level delta component for Tenacity vs Potency checks so it is significantly easier to get debuffs from higher level enemies and significantly harder to inflict debuffs on higher level enemies.

I was hoping someone would point this out. A level 80 has a better chance than a level 75 of sticking something on a level 89 elite. The ability/gear this is clearly written, but this is overlooked a lot.
  • Thanks for the support but your example would be slightly wrong as there is a limit to the level delta component which is 30% or 6 levels difference. It’s more relevant in Squad Arena and especially in the OP case where his characters could be level 81 but he’s leaving them at level 75.
  • "Dxtrinc;d-167470" wrote:
    I've read a bunch of posts and get no decent answers on it and the posts tend to be older. So I shall ask again!

My most used characters that are around the level 75 mark. I am currently at level 81. Will bringing their level up make a big difference to their stats? It's going to cost a heck of a lot of credits to do it so is it worth my time and credits?

Levels do make some difference, but they also act as gatekeepers. If you are player level 81 but keep your team at level 75, that means they won't go beyond gear 9 (possibly not beyond gear 8 for some) and won't be able to get level 8 (omega and zeta) abilities. The restriction on gear level means your team cannot be as resilient as they would be otherwise, and the restriction on abilities means they won't be able to be as effective with their damage and specials. That means that they will lose more challenging battles in arena, in level 9 hard nodes and level 8 cantina nodes, in territory battles and in territory wars; and will do less damage in raids, compared to the same team that has additional gear and abilities.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 2 months ago