Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Droid team leader

I'm currently running poggle, HK, ig86, ig88, and geo soldier and wonder which leader to use I've been using poggle (25% offense to droid and geonosians) but I notice on every other droid team I see they use HK (droids gain 30% crit chance and gain 30% turn meter on a crit) and was wondering if I should switch HK to my leader.
  • I have both as well. I generally use Poggle. While I think their leader abilities are similarly good, Poggle's special makes the IGs one shot just about anyone, while HK's grenade attack isn't anywhere nearly as useful. Sometimes in GW I sub HK in if I think his extra health will work better against the team I'm facing.
  • Wait for Jawa Engineer

He will give turn meter to most Droids and all Jawas go first.
  • "Dekayingsoul;212861" wrote:
    I know he's not an option but why doesn't anyone ever run Lobot? Maybe this is a question for @Reyia

His speed boost isn't great enough for droids. With +23 speed a maxed IG-88 still only has 141 speed. He would still get killed by Rey/GS/QGJ as lead. I prefer HK's ability for the turn meter gain since when I am on offense there is a good chance the AI targets someone besides the IGs. I also use him because of KOTOR and he's the reason I'm invested in a droid team anyways.
  • "Dekayingsoul;212861" wrote:
    I know he's not an option but why doesn't anyone ever run Lobot? Maybe this is a question for @Reyia

@Dekayingsoul Lobot doesn't bring enough on the table to warrant his presence. On an arena team every slot is precious and to be accounted for. The more synergy a team has the better it will be.

Currently the best leaders for droid teams are HK47 and Poggle. I prefer Poggle's boost to damage as leader and with his buff droids also gain speed. GS also benefit from his leader skill and often he can one shoot one character from the other team. With IG86 that often means two dead in other team on your turn. Best targets for one shoot kill assists are Rey, FOTP, QGJ, Lumi. RG taunt (if present) will come up and you can use assist to kill him quickly.
  • I run HK lead with the IGs, GS & Poe. When GS calls a droid to assist, they usually crit and get to go again immediately. If HK or 88 get their aoe off, they'll often go three times consecutively. If GS called 88, you win. +25% crit and 30% turn meter when droids crit is awesome.

I've tried both and, for me, it's HK.