Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Empire teams, Insane amount of turns

So I'm running zEmp lead, Vader, thrawn, GK and DN and I play another team that has the same toon; his Vader goes first and his team wipes me out in 50 seconds after taking 27 turns while my Thrawn got one basic attack in that time.
Okay, so his Vader had insane speeds (246).

So 10 minutes later I fight another team that is excactly the same as mine, my speed is 228 and his Vader is 221 - so I'm going first.
Fight starts and his Vader goes first (huh?), his team gets 34 turns while my Thrawn gets one basic attack during that time.

I must admit the fun is leaving this game if I don't get a turn :(
  • If his Vader went first, then he must not be running GK and it wasn't the same team as yours.
  • its messed up because when multiple toons are at 100% turn meter its just a coin toss on who goes first.(Which is crazy in my opinion. as the AI always has the RNG advantage) it happens to me all the time that my team is sitting on 100% for approximately 5 turns in a row because the opponent goes first gets 100%TM goes again thab goes again and again and repeat. and I'm just sitting there like wth is going on and I lose.
  • i must admit (as usual) that i dont believe you, and am not going to w/o video evidence. For one thing, i refuse to believe that you delibrately count the number of attacks of a arena battle. No one does that the first time. Secondly, it might be possible with 5 stuns from palp, thrawn fractures thrawn, Vader force crushing, GK causes a mass attack causing debuffs causing TM, etc etc etc.

I
  • It looks like his Vader is getting more bonus speed. He gets it for every Sith and Empire ally and for every Rebel/Jei ally (so your Kenobi gives it to him). Are you sure that the teams are exactly the same? And that you have his No Escape ability maxed?
  • ...... I'm lucky if I get a single turn with my well modded ewoks.

*Edit.

I wish the latest fad when reworking toons wasn't just to 'GIVE SIX MILLION SPEED'.

sigh
  • "swgohfan29;c-1479485" wrote:
    i must admit (as usual) that i dont believe you, and am not going to w/o video evidence. For one thing, i refuse to believe that you delibrately count the number of attacks of a arena battle. No one does that the first time. Secondly, it might be possible with 5 stuns from palp, thrawn fractures thrawn, Vader force crushing, GK causes a mass attack causing debuffs causing TM, etc etc etc.

I didn't count the first time but I did the second and third. Yes their Emp does stun all my toons and then by the time I'm out of stun they stun again.
  • it seems to me that his nihilus can annihilate a turn before mine and his palp can stun for the second time a turn before mine and I can not understand how it is possible
  • Similar problem with mine here
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/160933/papa-palp-meta-team-too-rng-dependant#latest
    :frowning:
  • You can’t run gk vs another zEP team. You’re just giving your opponent’s Vader more speed and slowing your Vader down at the same time. You will pretty much automatically lose. In mirror matches it usually is just about whose Vader has higher speed. Now on offense you can sometimes get by with having a slightly slower Vader because the ui on defense is dumb, but not a 16 speed difference which is what gk amounts to (+8 speed for your opponent, -8 speed for you).

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago