Forum Discussion

Shadowscream77
New Spectator
7 years ago

Empire vs Sith in Arena

I’m running

zPalps(L),Vader,Tarkin,TFP and Thrawn
I’ve broken into the top 85 and still seem to be rising each day - mainly because I’ve spent 2 weeks solid farming speed secondaries I’m guessing.
However,
Almost all the teams I’m beating are using:

Sion and Nihilus instead of TFP and Tarkin.....should I be switching? Tarkin seems to do insane damage and his TM removal helps shut down my opponents. TFP always strikes first.
  • "Shadowscream;d-173496" wrote:
    ...mainly because I’ve spent 2 weeks solid farming speed secondaries I’m guessing.

That’s supposed to be a joke, right?
  • "Antares;c-1582304" wrote:
    "Shadowscream;d-173496" wrote:
    ...mainly because I’ve spent 2 weeks solid farming speed secondaries I’m guessing.

You’ve lost me...
    In that time I’ve got x3 +30 speed arrows and multiple 10-15 speed secondaries on other mods - still need more but how is getting speed to 180-210 region a joke?
  • "Shadowscream;c-1582319" wrote:
    "Antares;c-1582304" wrote:
    "Shadowscream;d-173496" wrote:

You’ve lost me...
    In that time I’ve got x3 +30 speed arrows and multiple 10-15 speed secondaries on other mods - still need more but how is getting speed to 180-210 region a joke?

I think he's reeeing inside because you got good speed mods in 2 weeks while it probably took him a lot longer xD.
  • I think it was more that a 10 speed secondary may not really be that good of a mod? I've got guild mates that have speed mods that I only can dream of. Months of farming. That was my take.
  • While your team is good, and developing your TFP may help your fleet as well, Sion and DN will be your next step forward. At some point your team will reach its limit in the arena. At that point it would be nice to have your Sion and Nihilus ready and geared.

You may have faster characters (mods) than your current opponents in the arena, yes. That's just great. Energy well spent. However, if your TFP always goes first, you may want to move some mods around between your characters to make your Vader as fast as possible. The idea is to have your Vader faster than the enemy Vader, open with Vader's AoE immediately followed by Saber Throw to clear debuffs and hence grant turnmeter to your entire team.