Forum Discussion

Forwynx
Seasoned Newcomer
3 years ago

Exec Mirror - Slower Ships Going First?

As stated, 5* mirror. All of my ships are faster, yet his HT and XB went before mine, allowing my RC to get marked and give him a clean sweep.

Mine

Vs his

• "IronRanger;c-2379832" wrote:
    Who made the very first move?

Nooo you missed the "Who shot first?" :(
  • "Janus;c-2379839" wrote:
    "gatormatt;c-2379837" wrote:
    Your ships likely had breach on them and your opponent didn't. You lose 25% speed when inflicted with breach.

Gotcha. So a faster RC should always open with breach on RC or HT to get faster turns going?

It's really not that simple unfortunately. There's a lot of possible outcomes in mirror matches. And everything really depends on who's capital ship goes first and if they mark your RC, and how you react to that. I recommend watching Bitdynasty guide on mirror matches if your are new to Executor.
    ttimpane
    New Spectator
    Who made the very first move? And who'd they hit? HT gains TM when an ally takes damage.
    Forwynx
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "IronRanger;c-2379832" wrote:
    Who made the very first move?

My RC went first. His RC went second. Then his Cad went before mine, and his Bossk went before mine
  • Your ships likely had breach on them and your opponent didn't. You lose 25% speed when inflicted with breach.
    Forwynx
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "gatormatt;c-2379837" wrote:
    Your ships likely had breach on them and your opponent didn't. You lose 25% speed when inflicted with breach.

Gotcha. So a faster RC should always open with breach on RC or HT to get faster turns going?
  • HT gains TM when its allies are damaged. That will overpower any speed slowdown from breach. Don't hit anyone other than HT until you have someone (probably XB in this case) marked. Usually done by calling RC to assist with your own XB.