Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Expose Status Effect

I'm kind of planning ahead to 80 and thinking about what team I want to grind next and I'm thinking about Resistance. I'm a purist at heart so I would try and keep at least 4 of the 5 members Res. At the core of many abilities in that squad is Expose and I find myself wondering how much "Expose" is really useful before diminishing returns.

Expose: A character loses 20% of their health the next time damaged.

I really don't have any toons with this that I use so I have no good means of testing it myself. Is it possible to stack Expose on a target? For instance with Res teams Poe, Finn, and Res Trooper can all Expose an enemy. If it did stack, then in theory that's 60% of the toon's HP the next time they take damage. Granted it's not guaranteed but at 65% it's not unlikely to Expose the same target. I'm curious if any math / theorycrafting was done on Expose and interested in learning more about the effect. If it's not that good then it kind of makes a Res team seem kinda' blah since it's at the core of 3 of their toons.
  • "Arube;276969" wrote:
    No, a character can only have one expose effect on them at a given time.

Hey thanks for the response. I guess that would be a little too strong if it could stack. :) If the new meta does see larger HP increase and a focus on defense, then perhaps this is a good ability to have. The Res crew seem to have good survivability, I guess I'll have to wait and see.
  • Wow, that's pretty nice. I was looking at the level 80 stats today and the squad looks pretty solid. Resistance Trooper is the only one that's kind of defenseless. Rey has an opportunity to get Foresight and RP has a high chance of getting it too. Luckily Poe will have pretty decent speed which may save somebody. I'm actually excited to start grinding this team.
  • I'm a big fan of the Resistance team, I used to run Finn as my leader for a long time, I like the guy a lot :) If I can give you an incentive, I swapped dooku out and put this team together in arena (and finished first at payout, I'm glad I did it with these guys). I have some hope to bring Finn back in the team once the big update kicks in, (and throw GS out). I'm working on the Trooper again, I'm glad for the shards this month.

side note about expose: when it gets resisted, a Dooku lead means the resist gets turned to Offense Up. Just a warning. Not sure this is a bug or working as intended.

http://i.imgur.com/Ti51egb.png

• Also you cannot (or at least I've never seen it) use an attack that causes expose on a charater that already has it to "use" the first and apply a new expose.

That may be a bug, it may be intentional, I don't know
  • Mace could be a nice add to an expose team if his expose hit more often. With Finn, Poe, RT and RP they all expose in one way or another, RT gets tm every time expose occurs and even if Mace doesn't expose he still may have someone exposed to attack.
  • So many different updates I didn't notice that anybody had replied. LOL.

I have my Finn unlocked and almost to 6-stars so I'm pretty jazzed. I've used him in the tank challenge and I really like him.

Reisistance Leader: I'm still thinking that Poe is the better lead because of his Potency buff that will help proc Expose on the target. Or am I thinking about this wrong?

@Fantazy Did you try Resistance Trooper at all? He seems a little underwhelming but not sure who to replace him with. On matter of principal I refuse to level the Bug to drop into the team.

@Tromedlov13 Interesting... didn't even think about that. I have a Mace unlocked at least but I could potentially level him if he proved valuable. Though I've seen in the forums that people have mentioned his damage is even less now.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 27 days ago