Forum Discussion

7 years ago

First Zeta: R2D2 or Another?

Being 5 mats away from my first zeta ability, I was wondering which character to bless with these extra rare items.

My initial thoughts were about R2D2's Number Crunch (NC), but on further consideration I'm actually thinking whether that's the best course of action at the moment. First and foremost, my arena team is:

Rex (L), R2D2, STH, GAT, DN

Which means 2/5 would benefit from R2's zeta. With the prospect of a team with more Rebels when the CLS event comes again and building a Resistance team, NC seems a good investment. While I'm already working on getting the little guy at G12 (he's G11 atm), the bonuses my team will get as of now are: 2,352 health, 3,476 protection, 4.3% potency and some offense (whatever this stat is). The above numbers are after my current mods. If the non-zeta bonuses of NC are applied before the zeta ones, then these numbers would be higher.

Is this such a big difference, for a first zeta? Other options I considered were Thrawn's unique (but with my team Fracture isn't supposed to be up long enough anyway) or Savage (to boost my score at HAAT, since I don't have a good team for that yet).
  • Technically 3/5 would benefit. Its definitely a useful zeta for just about every game mode. Except for maybe the pit raid. Not sure how your pit team is. I would probably skip zavage. Hes kinda cool, but if you work towards better teams, zavage quickly becomes useless. If your thrawn is at 7 stars then work towards chirpathrawn.
    You may want to wait until CLS. But if you plan on buying zetas from fleet store then i say go ahead with R2.
  • Number crunch > Thrawn unique zeta > savage.
    Number crunch is great and best if you just zeta it and get it over with. At this point I would not zeta savage.
  • "Kenjamin1991;c-1326796" wrote:
    Technically 3/5 would benefit. Its definitely a useful zeta for just about every game mode. Except for maybe the pit raid. Not sure how your pit team is. I would probably skip zavage. Hes kinda cool, but if you work towards better teams, zavage quickly becomes useless. If your thrawn is at 7 stars then work towards chirpathrawn.
    You may want to wait until CLS. But if you plan on buying zetas from fleet store then i say go ahead with R2.

Wait, so NC affects R2 himself? That's good! I got no problems with pit. Savage was an afterthought, since I already work towards a Resistance team for pve (including HAAT), but that's a long time away.

The plan now is R2 and then CLS (if he comes back soon-ish) or Finn (depends on whether Res team will be ready when I get enough zeta mats for a second zeta).

Thanks guys!

One more question, kind of out of topic: does NC affect the other characters' base stats (i.e. before any % from mods or skills)?
  • Number Crunch should affect stats after they have been modded, as it doesn't actually affect anything until they are in the battle, at which point modded stats are the only stats for that battle.

Also, just wanna hard echo do number Crunch first. Especially since you mentioned you don't have a good Haat team. That zeta brought my Wiggs, Lando Leia team up from 1.2 mil to 3 mil damage in p4. And it's a super fast easy controllable battle.