Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Fleet Arena without Original Trilogy Falcon?

What would be a good team without that mighty Falcon?
https://swgoh.gg/p/991589674/ships/
  • I was able to stay competitive (but not top 50 for crystals) with Thrawn-led Geonosians, Hound's Tooth, Cassian's U-Wing, and Poe. Spy, Soldier, and Tooth up front, use Thrawn's heal+Buffs first to give Spy and Soldier Offense Up, then use their specials to nuke the enemy Hound's Tooth. Bring Sun Fac as my first reinforcement. Second reinforcement was the U-Wing to take out their Falcon. Poe's there because people still try things occasionally where the best solution is a big giant shot.

I know I'm only listing three reinforcements. That's because I have completely forgotten who my fourth was. Normally the fight ended with Thrawn's ultimate after my second ship came in.
  • I open with Silencer, Biggs, Vader. Reinforce with HT or KRCS first. Then the other one the next time. Then either ITF or FOTF depending on how the fight is progressing. Manage to stay top 20.
  • If you bring in Poe, Silencer, & Hounds Tooth, you can wipe out an opponent’s Falcon before it has a chance to do anything.
  • I was able to get top 20 with ships you have even when I didnt have falcon. Only difference Is I had Landos Falcon better geared but you can run either Tie. But ALL of your other ships are way better geared than mine so you should be able to hang. My Ghost/Phantom were g9 and my Cassian is still g8. I got to about a 50/50 or close win rate with this Fleet vs Falcon:

Thrawn, Vader Ghost HT -> Phantom Cassian Biggs (Lando) FOTP or TFP. I cant remember if you have Wedge but he might work.

Strat:
    1. Always use Thrawn heal even if you are not hurt. Offense up is key. I never used his AOE unless I was 100% sure it would kill an important ship that was about to take a turn.
    2. Heal+Offense Up
    3. Have Ghost stealth Vader and assist on whoever.
    4. If you have breach on you call in Phantom. If you don't, Call in Cassian and call Vader assist and Falcon dies. If it doesnt use Thrawn basic on Vader + Falcon and it dies.
    5. If Falcon does not die your chances go down, but can still win. Call in next Phantom or Cassian or Biggs as needed. Need to nuke HT if you can. An assist from Cassian or Ghost while Vader has offense up + Thrawn basic can kill it. If you can't nuke it use Vader special to clear taunt once breach drops and just kill his other attackers and then use Thrawn super on HT.
    6. Its Best to save Ghost AOE after it's 3rd special applies defense down and you have more rebels on the board. It can hit really hard. But again use it if something important is close to death.

This is a great fleet I and I ran it even in ships 1.0 and never changed until I got falcon. Vader wth Offense up is really nasty and the ability to stealth your best attacker for 3 turns is OP. Ghost is one of top 5 ships in game IMHO and I dont understand why people dont use it more.

Also, I even used Biggs as starter instead of HT. If you call in Phantom use its TL ability instead of the Big hit (unless you are 100% sure you can kill someone). 4 Target Locks + Vader + Biggs + Thrawn heal can keep Biggs alive for a long time. And HTs reinforce + Ghost Passive = every enemy will have speed down and you will have very few debuffs.

Test it out and see which comp works best for you but the core strat above works very well against Falcon fleets.

Good luck!
  • Tarkin with: Ghost, Hound's Tooth and Xanadu Blood to start. Reinforce with Phantom II, Tie Advanced, Plo Koon and Lando's Falcon.

Seen't this on reddit.
  • "VonZant;c-1855804" wrote:
    I was able to get top 20 with ships you have even when I didnt have falcon. Only difference Is I had Landos Falcon better geared but you can run either Tie. But ALL of your other ships are way better geared than mine so you should be able to hang. My Ghost/Phantom were g9 and my Cassian is still g8. I got to about a 50/50 or close win rate with this Fleet vs Falcon:

Thrawn, Vader Ghost HT -> Phantom Cassian Biggs (Lando) FOTP or TFP. I cant remember if you have Wedge but he might work.

Strat:
    1. Always use Thrawn heal even if you are not hurt. Offense up is key. I never used his AOE unless I was 100% sure it would kill an important ship that was about to take a turn.
    2. Heal+Offense Up
    3. Have Ghost stealth Vader and assist on whoever.
    4. If you have breach on you call in Phantom. If you don't, Call in Cassian and call Vader assist and Falcon dies. If it doesnt use Thrawn basic on Vader + Falcon and it dies.
    5. If Falcon does not die your chances go down, but can still win. Call in next Phantom or Cassian or Biggs as needed. Need to nuke HT if you can. An assist from Cassian or Ghost while Vader has offense up + Thrawn basic can kill it. If you can't nuke it use Vader special to clear taunt once breach drops and just kill his other attackers and then use Thrawn super on HT.
    6. Its Best to save Ghost AOE after it's 3rd special applies defense down and you have more rebels on the board. It can hit really hard. But again use it if something important is close to death.

This is a great fleet I and I ran it even in ships 1.0 and never changed until I got falcon. Vader wth Offense up is really nasty and the ability to stealth your best attacker for 3 turns is OP. Ghost is one of top 5 ships in game IMHO and I dont understand why people dont use it more.

Also, I even used Biggs as starter instead of HT. If you call in Phantom use its TL ability instead of the Big hit (unless you are 100% sure you can kill someone). 4 Target Locks + Vader + Biggs + Thrawn heal can keep Biggs alive for a long time. And HTs reinforce + Ghost Passive = every enemy will have speed down and you will have very few debuffs.

Test it out and see which comp works best for you but the core strat above works very well against Falcon fleets.

Good luck!

Thanks! I do have Wedge and his xwing at 7*. I was going to try to swap mods and make my pilots a higher priority.