Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Gar Saxon, Imperial Super Commando... who's geared them and used them?

So I think these two characters are pretty cool. I think they'd both perform well under a wide variety of empire compositions. They're currently both on my back-burner leveling agenda, primarily because I think their ship is going to be SICK in a full empire squad.

So who's played around with these guys? What team comps have you tried? Which empire characters and leads synergize best with these two? Any specific mod recommendations?

All help is greatly appreciated.

I think a tanky Zader counter team could be a lot of fun and strong. Zader lead, Sith Trooper, Storm Trooper, Imperial Super Commando, Gar Saxon would be a lot of counters and fun to watch. Speed down, offense down, DoTs, and ridiculous TM reduction. Sub out one of the taunting tanks for TFP if you need extra damage, or sub in Palp for control and Jedi/rebel teams, or perhaps Death Trooper against triple-cleanse meta teams. What's everybody think??
  • I haven't beefed Gar up yet, but I've tried a few mixes of Empire, and counter squads.

Gar (lead), Super, Vader, EP, TFP. A lot of hits, and deal a lot of damage...but facing another EP squad is tough.
    Again, my Gar isn't beefy, so he drops quick.

Another crew:
    Gar (lead), Snow, Magma, Storm, Super (or Shore). I like this mix up better, because with Shore, there are more Imperial benefits shared in the squad. Deals a lot of damage, great counters.

Last is a mix counter crew:
    Gun Di (lead to increase counters), Secura, Fisto, Gar, Dooku.
    If Gar stays up, then every counter gets multiple hits. If Fisto and Dooku have a good fight, their counter is already capable of 2 (or more, depending on the hit they take) hits, and Gar can back them up on each strike.
    That is a lot of fun to watch.

As for the team you mentioned, I can't see a lot of counters in that, but I can see big hits. Zader is a great lead, but he doesn't give a counter option. Sith Trooper needs to have certain buffs before he counters. Gar isn't a counter character, unless he leads. Super was the only true counter character you named in the Zader squad.
    Unless I misread something.

Anyway. I think Gar added a fun twist in my Empire squads.

Mods: again, since he isn't really beefy, I have health and defense mods on him to keep Gar standing longer. I have a speed enhancement on his arrow mod, and crit damage enhancement on his triangle mod. Others build his defense and offense.
    I'm sure it will change as I level him up.

Hope you find great ways to use these guys. I'm always happy to use different Empire squads.
  • "Dwinkelm;d-110049" wrote:
    So I think these two characters are pretty cool. I think they'd both perform well under a wide variety of empire compositions. They're currently both on my back-burner leveling agenda, primarily because I think their ship is going to be SICK in a full empire squad.

So who's played around with these guys? What team comps have you tried? Which empire characters and leads synergize best with these two? Any specific mod recommendations?

All help is greatly appreciated.

I think a tanky Zader counter team could be a lot of fun and strong. Zader lead, Sith Trooper, Storm Trooper, Imperial Super Commando, Gar Saxon would be a lot of counters and fun to watch. Speed down, offense down, DoTs, and ridiculous TM reduction. Sub out one of the taunting tanks for TFP if you need extra damage, or sub in Palp for control and Jedi/rebel teams, or perhaps Death Trooper against triple-cleanse meta teams. What's everybody think??

money-spending idiots have.
  • After DN and co, I kind of thought Gar and Super were the most impressive of the marquee event toons (yes, more then Krennic).

I just have so much else to work on. Also, I, and a few others, were really hoping they'd get the trooper tag, but alas.