Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Gideon on Defense?

So Moff Gideon is the new fastest character aside from GLs after the Tie Pilot was sitting on this throne for ages. I thought that would make a great addition for troopers, to put them on defense, after all he will easy take first turn against teams like JKR or DR.
But as far as I know, he is always using his darksaber ability on his first turn when controlled by AI, making his first turn completely useless to the Trooper train.

On the other Hand, the Imperial Remnant Squad is not strong enough to take a place in the GA or TW meta for high level players (those who actually already have Gideon). After all, anything you put into GA defense should at least be strong enough to beat teams like Padme/JKR/Traya/CLS.

I put him and the troopers on defense for the past 6 rounds of GA and got one win vs a CLS team, but that was a pretty weak player. Do you guys see any chance for Troopers with Gideon on Defense?
Apart of course of CG fixing the AI :D
  • "RTS;c-2235392" wrote:
    "Sn0r;c-2235390" wrote:
    But they did that before Gideon :smile:
    I was initially hoping, that Gideon would make them viable on defense. But maybe I am missing something.

You're not missing anything.

Gideon is ok with troopers, but he doesn't add a ton to them in my opinion.

His real use is as a plug and play anti-GL member.

This.

Gideon is fun. He is not required for a trooper team since he should be used as a leader with the other remnant. But he can be used as a plug in play as stated above. Never have I ever used troopers on defense, and I never will.
  • Nah troopers are best on offense man. they destroy nightsisters if you play it right.
  • But they did that before Gideon :smile:
    I was initially hoping, that Gideon would make them viable on defense. But maybe I am missing something.