Forum Discussion

4 years ago

GL Kylo help please

Just got gl kylo but I'm a bit stupid when it comes to using him in squad arena.
I've fought numerous battles against gl rey but I keep getting my bum whooped by them.
Rey kills my entire squad with her ultimate but I can't seem to kill any of the rey squad.

I'd just like some pointers on how to use his perks.
If anyone can help it will be appreciated
My swgoh page

https://swgoh.gg/p/747453431/
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    First off, great job in getting SLKR while below 3 mil GP. I only got mine not too long ago and I’m at 4.2.

Second, looking at your mods on SLKR his physical damage is kinda low for R7. I know you went the speed set build but the speed off those mods aren’t terribly fast.

What’s the kill order you’re using right now?
  • @BobaBing Don't need to be incredibly fast. 480-520 range is fine. You ideally want to be around 120k health and 11-13k damage depending on what triangle you're running (CD/Offense primary). You can also run an offense primary arrow with decent secondary speed.

Against GL Rey you want to run SLKR with ST, KRU, Hux, and either FOO for the full first order bonus, or Thrawn for crowd control.

Depending on the team:

Stasis Strike (aka "Poke") someone who can be stunned. Usually it's GAS or Handbag Finn.

Use Hux to pass back to SLKR.

Poke someone else who can be stunned.

Use FOO to pass back to SLKR. If you have Thrawn, fracture Rey instead. It'll help boost you towards your Ultimate (if you have it unlocked) because it does damage 4x with each one potentially Crit hitting.

Furious Onslaught (aka "Swipe/Swish") with someone who's stunned as the primary target. He drains double the mastery from stunned targets. It's excellent against GAS or JKL because after 1-2 AoEs their accuracy is in the toilet and they can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Against Rey the goal is to have your ultimate fully charged to 100% around the time she enters her crossed stance. If you have at least 3 members standing SLKR will survive. Then you do your ultimate. In your Aggressive stance you'll want to swipe twice, and then for the third move decide based on what the enemy team looks like.

If Rey is the only one left standing and she isn't in damage immunity, or its worn off, then poke. Should end the fight.

If she's still damage immune, I usually swipe one more time to boost my mastery more and take care of any surviving enemies.

Once her immunity wears off, and your ultimate is done, use Stasis/poke to finish the fight.
    NotRealUltra
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Darth Vader is a GL killer so use him with your SLKR

EP is good vs Jedi Rey comps so i would use him too
  • No specific kill order tbh I just try and get anyone.
    I have 2 sets saved the speed one but I've recently changed to an offense one 11.2k damage 516 speed 111k health.
    I did have a speed set at 575 speed but damage was only 9k.
    Took a long time to get him as I'm ftp and now I'm hoping to utilise him better hence why I'm on here asking lol
    Thank you
  • You are going to struggle against Rey plus Jedi teams without DR, DM and BSF.
  • @LordDirt completely incorrect. I use straight full FO lineup all the time to waste those teams.
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I too can go through an ult Rey with a non ult SLKR with full First Order. While I struggle occasionally if I focus on passing TM and targeting the right people I can win
  • The lengthy strategy I posted above still works if you're non-ultimate, but you're better off using Thrawn to fracture Rey so you delay her ultimate so you can Siphon/Drain more stats.
  • I do have ultimate unlocked (seemed to take almost as long to unlock as kylo himself lol).
    Thank you so much for your replies ill try your guide later.
    perfidius44
    Rising Newcomer
    "BobaBing;c-2210710" wrote:
    I do have ultimate unlocked (seemed to take almost as long to unlock as kylo himself lol).

It takes twice as long ^^

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,718 PostsLatest Activity: 9 hours ago