Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Han shoots first

My Han rarely shoots first in arena. Always figured b/c the opposing Han had higher speed. Started checking opposing Han and my speed would be higher so i figured, ok, must be some weird team synergy thing. Now i play my exact same team and his Han has same leader and lower speed and always shoots first.
  • Han takes a shot, regardless of his (or anyone’s) speed. If there is a Han on both teams, the game randomly picks one to go first. If you have any experience with random luck in this game, you will know to expect your opponent’s Han to get chosen as the first shooter instead of yours about 90% of the time.
  • "Nol_el_en;d-152137" wrote:
    My Han rarely shoots first in arena. Always figured b/c the opposing Han had higher speed.

It’s random.
  • Turn meter caps out at 100%, there's no fractions or numbers above that. So if multiple characters are ever tied at 100% the game will randomly determine which of them goes first. It's constantly doing this and updating after every action--you can tell if you ever play Resistance and have your entire team at 100%, very often a character will get two or even three turns before one of your others gets even one.

The way the game gives Han the first shot is to fill his TM as soon as the battle starts. Since both Hans have 100% TM, the game will randomize who goes first. If it's Galactic War and you're playing Resistance, you will occasionally see your characters going before Han if all of them also have 100%.

Or if you're playing Droids and have BB-8 and HK on the same team, come to think of it. Basically anyone who gives big chunks of TM at the start or end of a battle.
  • You can also see it in GW if you have a Character with 100% turn meter when the round starts , Han might not go first