Forum Discussion

8 years ago

How do I sequence my Rex (L), R2D2, DN, Chaze team

Hi guys,

I recently switched from Zader (f*** RNG on debuff) to the team in the title. First off, I'm much better on offense and managed to reach top 10 for the first time.

Now I have a few of questions regarding sequencing, which ability to use first and how should I distribute speed across my toons.

My profile (I removed Boba for R2 - same mods): https://swgoh.gg/u/darthjulienus/

Speed picture:
- Chirrut: 230
- Rex: 226
- R2: 225
- DN: 175
- Baze: 111

Which toon should be made the fastest, 2nd fastest, 3rd, etc.? I doubt the usefulness of having Chirrut then Rex both using their tenacity up special back to back.

I would also appreciate your opinion on - depending on who goes 1st, 2nd, etc. - which ability should I open with. For example, I'm new to R2 and I'm not sure if I should first use smoke screen and leave Baze out or Improvise so that DN can come after with his cooldown increase.

What ability to use with Chirrut if he goes first? What about if he comes after Rex?

I guess I'm scratching my head when it comes to R2-Chirrut-Rex. DN and Chaze are more straight forward in my team's context.

Thx a lot for the help
  • "Darth_Julienus1;c-1137347" wrote:
    "TommySitt;c-1137343" wrote:
    Be wary of the opponent's Boba, if CI has a bunch of HOT's and other buffs, execute can be a one-shot. If you lose CI, you're done.

Fortunately there aren't many Boba around anymore in my shard. I had Boba before swapping for R2.

I never understood how his execute was so weak when I was using him against Chaze to be honest. Granted, I didn't have damage mods but I have north of 50% in crit chance. I would do around 20-25k damage which often left the oponent with a little bit of health left. Under chaze it would refill right away which was VERY frustrating.

If your mods are the same now as they were then, Boba had no additional offense or CD. Each status effect is +30% dmg, so either it was the lack of offense/CD, or you did execute st the wrong time, with not that many effects on CI. If CI has no protection, it should be an easy OHKO.
  • "TommySitt;c-1137400" wrote:
    "Darth_Julienus1;c-1137347" wrote:
    Be wary of the opponent's Boba, if CI has a bunch of HOT's and other buffs, execute can be a one-shot. If you lose CI, you're done.

Fortunately there aren't many Boba around anymore in my shard. I had Boba before swapping for R2.

I never understood how his execute was so weak when I was using him against Chaze to be honest. Granted, I didn't have damage mods but I have north of 50% in crit chance. I would do around 20-25k damage which often left the oponent with a little bit of health left. Under chaze it would refill right away which was VERY frustrating.

If your mods are the same now as they were then, Boba had no additional offense or CD. Each status effect is +30% dmg, so either it was the lack of offense/CD, or you did execute st the wrong time, with not that many effects on CI. If CI has no protection, it should be an easy OHKO.

Thanks a lot!

I'm really wondering if I should give up protection primaries and give Chirrut mods with health primaries. You get so much more protection % than health that's it's hard to give it up (i.e. 24.5% vs. 5.88%).

Anyway I've reorganised my mods a bit (I've got way too many level 12 mods it's a mess) and gave Chirrut health secondary in multiplexer and data bus. I don't have CD primary mods in the triangle with enough speed secondaries unfortunately.
  • "TommySitt;c-1137378" wrote:
    "Darth_Julienus1;c-1137345" wrote:
    "TommySitt;c-1137339" wrote:
    Keep Baze super slow to extend his taunt. This is all the more crucial since you don't have GK. Try to get R2 and CI the fastest, followed by Rex. Mod everyone for health, not protection, because Chaze skills work off of max health percentage. Give CI a crit dmg primary triangle if possible, and use his special if all of your toons are buffed.

Oftentimes you'll face an opponent Baze that will AOE debuff but in the meantime you need to have tenacity up to deal with DV, R2, Boba. So, I would use Rex ten up first, and CI ten up after Baze does his AOE.

I would load Rex with tenacity, try to get north of 70%.

At the very least, try to be faster than the opposing DN or Boba, to get ten up before a drain force or AOE ability block.

I wouldn't use R2's burn right away, as it'll just get cleansed.

Honestly, without GK, either zeta QG and run Jedi, or zeta Kylo if you want to take #1. That's what a lot of f2p are using as a crutch nowadays.

Also, if you have a zeta on DN unique that applies health down, it really messes up Thrawn on defense, since he'll cleanse instead of using fracture.

https://swgoh.gg/u/diezel/

Man, best answer ever. Thanks a lot for spending the time, really useful to me.

Who should I kick if I were to introduce Zylo?
    For Chirrut's triangle - I have crit chance since I wanted to have a higher chance to land crits. It stands close to 50% now. Should I really switch to crit damage and have a low crit chance? Am I missing something providing crit chance to him?

50% CC is decent, maybe you can find a mod or two that have a decent CC secondary? His special hits like a truck if the crit dmg is up, so play with CD primary triangle, and if that doesn't work out, try CC.

Replace R2 with Zylo, especially if R2 has no zetas right now. That's actually a popular f2p comp with no GK, using Rex, Chaze, DN, Zylo

I've done a bit of testing and now that I removed the CC triangle (tenacity mod) from Chirrut and added protection (health) for lack of CD with good speed secondaries, his special doesn't do much damage at all. Or at least less than when he had 50% CC.

Does the number of buffs on top of each toon matters or it gives max damage as long as all toons are buffed?

I've seen a video with Chirrut hitting 40k with special and I'm half of that damage so far.
  • If you lead with R2's AoE burn against a Rex lead, he just granted his team a lot of turn meter. Your DN might not get to make the next move before their Rex does a cleanse and tenacity up.
  • Didn't read it all, but regarding who goes first, when facing teams with lots of AOE (zaul) you gain a lot of TM right away if daze don't stick, the order of who goes first never go the way you want. Same for zaul users, SA always go first, fastest and 20% TM on start, but who goes next it's a lottery, you want zaul, emperor, nihilus, zavage, but it's common to the first to move after SA be nihilus, that RNG mess up the day.
  • "Darth_Julienus1;c-1137452" wrote:
    "TommySitt;c-1137400" wrote:
    "Darth_Julienus1;c-1137347" wrote:

Thanks a lot!

I'm really wondering if I should give up protection primaries and give Chirrut mods with health primaries. You get so much more protection % than health that's it's hard to give it up (i.e. 24.5% vs. 5.88%).

Anyway I've reorganised my mods a bit (I've got way too many level 12 mods it's a mess) and gave Chirrut health secondary in multiplexer and data bus. I don't have CD primary mods in the triangle with enough speed secondaries unfortunately.

Once protection is gone, it's gone. And all of your healing is based on your max health%. Also, when CI health is below 100%, Baze will taunt.
  • "Darth_Julienus1;c-1137471" wrote:
    "TommySitt;c-1137378" wrote:
    "Darth_Julienus1;c-1137345" wrote:
    "TommySitt;c-1137339" wrote:
    Keep Baze super slow to extend his taunt. This is all the more crucial since you don't have GK. Try to get R2 and CI the fastest, followed by Rex. Mod everyone for health, not protection, because Chaze skills work off of max health percentage. Give CI a crit dmg primary triangle if possible, and use his special if all of your toons are buffed.

Oftentimes you'll face an opponent Baze that will AOE debuff but in the meantime you need to have tenacity up to deal with DV, R2, Boba. So, I would use Rex ten up first, and CI ten up after Baze does his AOE.

I would load Rex with tenacity, try to get north of 70%.

At the very least, try to be faster than the opposing DN or Boba, to get ten up before a drain force or AOE ability block.

I wouldn't use R2's burn right away, as it'll just get cleansed.

Honestly, without GK, either zeta QG and run Jedi, or zeta Kylo if you want to take #1. That's what a lot of f2p are using as a crutch nowadays.

Also, if you have a zeta on DN unique that applies health down, it really messes up Thrawn on defense, since he'll cleanse instead of using fracture.

https://swgoh.gg/u/diezel/

Man, best answer ever. Thanks a lot for spending the time, really useful to me.

Who should I kick if I were to introduce Zylo?
    For Chirrut's triangle - I have crit chance since I wanted to have a higher chance to land crits. It stands close to 50% now. Should I really switch to crit damage and have a low crit chance? Am I missing something providing crit chance to him?

50% CC is decent, maybe you can find a mod or two that have a decent CC secondary? His special hits like a truck if the crit dmg is up, so play with CD primary triangle, and if that doesn't work out, try CC.

Replace R2 with Zylo, especially if R2 has no zetas right now. That's actually a popular f2p comp with no GK, using Rex, Chaze, DN, Zylo

I've done a bit of testing and now that I removed the CC triangle (tenacity mod) from Chirrut and added protection (health) for lack of CD with good speed secondaries, his special doesn't do much damage at all. Or at least less than when he had 50% CC.

Does the number of buffs on top of each toon matters or it gives max damage as long as all toons are buffed?

I've seen a video with Chirrut hitting 40k with special and I'm half of that damage so far.

It's 20% more for each buffed ally not overall # of buffs.

The 40k crits are from 4x offense sets, with CD triangle, and some CC secondaries within those mods. We should all be so lucky.
  • I have R2 first followed by Rex and then Chirrut... but it really doesn't change anything, most of the time you will likely buff your team, the opponent's baze will get triggered, spam your whole team which will then have its turn meter filled thanks to Rex (L). The first turn is usually a coin toss...
  • "Okonomiyakiparty;c-1137664" wrote:
    I have R2 first followed by Rex and then Chirrut... but it really doesn't change anything, most of the time you will likely buff your team, the opponent's baze will get triggered, spam your whole team which will then have its turn meter filled thanks to Rex (L). The first turn is usually a coin toss...

This is how mine is setup as well. Mine are fast enough overall that R2 and Rex go before any opponents I face. I hit squad discipline on Rex and then who knows who goes next.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago