Forum Discussion

7 years ago

How does 'Prepared' work?

So when the Solo toons came out i skipped through all the tutorial without really reading because i wasnt really that bothered by them. Now that the first 2 of them are farmable with the others soon to follow, i may look to farm them up a bit in the near future. could somebody please explain the whole 'Prepared' buff?

From what i am aware, you try to spread prepared around to as many heros as possible and some characters do more damage with some abilities depending on how many are prepared etc. So it basically seems you want as many people to have it as possible so you can do bonus damage? is this correct? Thanks in advance
  • Prepared is a keyword buff: Its completely useless on its own, but has benefits when paired with characters who can utilize the prepared ability within their special abilities. Most of these involve the Solo Gang (Young Han, Young Chewie, L337, Qi Ra and Young Lando. )

Prepared does not always translate to damage bonuses. For example, Young Chewie will revive allies while he is prepared, while lando can grant speed up with prepared. The unique "boost" prepared gives is listed at the bottom of the ability. Not all abilities have prepared "boosts".

Ideally you want to have as many characters with prepared as possible. You can pass prepared around by many ways.
  • Just started playing around with young Solo and Qi'ra, but still haven't got my head around the prepared buff. i get that only a few skills on a few toons really benefit from prepared. But are no other toons prepare-able?

Edit
    Nevermind, got it after testing some more.
  • Yep, I think Young Han can distribute "prepared" to just about whomever he chooses... will look again tho'
  • "MasterJediBrian;c-1821888" wrote:
    Yep, I think Young Han can distribute "prepared" to just about whomever he chooses... will look again tho'

This is true. I do this in the HAAT raid--distribute it to everybody to increase his attack
  • It says somewhere in forums that Young Han's basic ability "Trick shot" brings on "prepared"-- but I originally thought this is what "Upper Hand" (move #2) does... Is Prepared the green buff that Kanan gets? The man + shield symbol? I know the word Prepared will flash on screen under recipient of it... Just not fully in the "know"?‍♂️
    crzydroid
    Seasoned Traveler
    "MasterJediBrian;c-1821888" wrote:
    Yep, I think Young Han can distribute "prepared" to just about whomever he chooses... will look again tho'

Please check dates to avoid necro posts.

"MasterJediBrian;c-1823745" wrote:
    It says somewhere in forums that Young Han's basic ability "Trick shot" brings on "prepared"-- but I originally thought this is what "Upper Hand" (move #2) does... Is Prepared the green buff that Kanan gets? The man + shield symbol? I know the word Prepared will flash on screen under recipient of it... Just not fully in the "know"?‍♂️

Prepared is blue; it's not a buff, but a mechanic. The "Solo" movie toons are the ones who distribute Prepared in some fashion according to their kits. Kanan's buff is called Taunt. You may want to check out the New Players section for lots of helpful info.