Forum Discussion

9 years ago

How to counter poggle/hk led droid team?

Everytime I come up against a droid team with HK, poggle, 86 86 and any other I get DECIMATED so fast it's mental. I tend to go with a full jedi team and am currently levelling QGJ to lead but he isn't ready yet. Any tips?
  • Focus down 88 then 86. If you have Dooku or get QGJ geared up this will be easier. Otherwise hope for dodges and heals.
  • Speed team kills this team. Use QGJ(L) , dooku, sid, rey if you have. Im running QGJ lead, sid, dooku, fotp and GS and 2 of their dps die before they can start a fight.
  • I only really have jedi chars because i dont pay in. I'm planning to have QGJ lead, Lumi, Eeth, JC and either Ahsoka or Fisto if i get more fisto shards.
  • "Cpt_Dan;139719" wrote:
    Focus down 88 then 86. If you have Dooku or get QGJ geared up this will be easier. Otherwise hope for dodges and heals.

That's a good plan. Just need a few more days to get more QGJ shards from cantina aha.
  • "sevenmelons;139722" wrote:
    Speed team kills this team. Use QGJ(L) , dooku, sid, rey if you have. Im running QGJ lead, sid, dooku, fotp and GS and 2 of their dps die before they can start a fight.

This. Use speed then kill those slow droids first -> Ig 86 and 88. Cancel Poe's taunt with QGJ skill.
  • Get yourself a Dathcha and a Jawa, Poe would be handy to protect them with his taunt. Koth is good against droids too.
    Put in a 5th high damage character like GS and you'll have no problem whatsoever with droid teams.
    I only have a 7* Jawa and him along with Poe, Dooku, Daka and QGJ as leader dispatch all the droid teams I face with relative ease.
    Hope this helps.
  • Droid teams (such as mine) are complete glass cannons, but hit super hard. Speed team is the way to go for countering. I have trouble against a QGJ (L), Rey, FOTP, GS, Poe team...not to say I can't beat it as well, but it's one of the few teams I lose to against the AL.
  • "SteelersCA;140133" wrote:
    "sevenmelons;139722" wrote:
    Speed team kills this team. Use QGJ(L) , dooku, sid, rey if you have. Im running QGJ lead, sid, dooku, fotp and GS and 2 of their dps die before they can start a fight.

Why are you running QGJ as lead when you don't have 1 other Jedi in your squad? His Agility Speed boost should only effect Jedi not everyone else unless it is bugged or I am missing something? Wouldn't it be better to run Sid as Leader as he buffs ALL allies not just one type.

Qui gon gets his leader boost puts him behind dookoo or a qui gon lead yoda smart play at moment basically in this meta all you need or 4 players above Poe in speed I see lumi mixed in now too 138 speed she gets heals off now at times. This is not team synergized but Qui gon being lone Jedi in some peoples team composition in the leader spot synergizes with current meta wait til 80 Qui gon gives speed to everybody

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago