Forum Discussion

8 years ago

How to counter Rebels

Hey guys,

I am on a Dec. 2016 Shard and my top 20 ist over and over Rebels (15 at the moment). Most of them in the "classic" way, with Wiggs, STH, Boba, Lando and some of them featuring the Chaze Combo and turning into Rebel One Squads slowly.

Because of me having not as good gear and mods as my opponents, I can not beat them with my own Wiggs, STH, Palp, Boba. They are faster, have more HP and hit me harder. I am gearing my Palp now and I wonder, if I should gear my Rebels next, or should I build up a team, to counter the Rebels in my shard.

What team would you guys suggest? Is Nihilus the answer? I heard, that he is not very good against the upcoming Rogue One Squads.

I am gearing up my Empire chars step by step, but I can not imagine, if I will be able to beat the Rebels with a squad like Palp, Vader, Boba, TFP and B2/Royal Guard.

I am totaly f2p, so I am not able to unlock all the Rogue One toons soon.

Have you guys any advises?
  • Strong mods are necessary to compete in the high ranks in the arena. Furthermore you can move mods between you charachters when you upgrade your arena team in the future. Mods are a safe investment.

Shortrooper and Baze are counters to a fast Biggs' initial one hit knock out. A fast ability block from a fast Boba Fett or a TFP (if the enemy has no pretaunters) is another. Speedy sith with Zaul lead are another.

EP, TFP, Boba, B2 and Shoretrooper would work very well against rebels.
  • My shard is the same age as yours. Until literally a couple of weeks ago, I was the only on running a full dark side team in the top 50.

If you wanna nuke wiggs/chaze ... what I did was

Early on before I got Zaul I was using Vader/Shoretrooper/TFP/Maul/RG
    Then it was DN/Vader/TFP/Shore/Maul (got me to #1)
    Then it was DN/EP/Dooku/Shore/TFP
    Then it was DN/SA/Dooku/EP/Shore
    Then it was DN/SA/Dooku/EP/ST
    Now it's Zaul/Zihilus/EP/SA/ST

Note I am using fast mods - all gear XI maxed, but the above makes me untouchable vs traditional Wiggs/Lando/Boba/StH teams and Wiggs/Chaze combos as well. I suggest you try that tactic

Rex leads are also effective
  • You can't expect to compete with the top of arena without good speed mods and gear, it's just not possible. Be careful not to change too much too soon, else you'll fall further in arena. I'm also in a Dec '16 shard, and love targeting rebel teams. They're really not very good if you can shut down STHan.
  • Lots of ways to handle that squad. U can ep lead with shore or baze. Fill in with a second tank and two stun/dps. If u can keep EP alive long enough, u win. If u got any sith, u can beat this squad with zaul or with dn lead. Even a non zeta 3 star dn can beat wiggs boba chaze on offense with dooku and a few other fill in the blank sith. Rex lead opens up a few more possibilities, but i dont have rex. I cant say for sure what ones.
  • A good pretaunting tank (even a bad shoretrooper) really screws uo the old rebel teams
  • Btw, i got boba maxed out, and boy was that a mistake. Boba is nearly useless in the current meta.... unless u got the best speed mods on your shard. Maybe once u longfarm 2 or 3 other BHs and/or that detonator chick. But until then, boba is only useful in arena for whales. He will be good for u for awhile. For executing other bobas avainst dumb AI. But whe zaul arrives, u will strip him of mods and put him in a coffin. The sith meta makes him useless for 99% of nonwhales. He might have moderate use as a scrub under vader lead u til u get someone better. That is about it.
  • Bobas not useless. The one hit kill is useful with all the buffs and debuffs flying around
  • I used to finish in top 20 against clasical rebels using EP TFP Vader Boba and SF, but I had good mods. Now I finish in top 10 against Wiggs Boba Chaze teams after I replaced SF with B2 ( and renouced to use TFP aoe).
    captkain
    New Spectator
    I'm one of the offenders. With a Lando lead with wiggs sthan rg. I'm getting hurt now. I steer clear of shoretrooper grps and zaul groups.
    Main advantage about rebels is it's all physical aoe damage. So tenacity up by rex and others means nothing. When hit with ability block 3 of the 5 hit hard with their main atks. It's a good group that's fading out in arena.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,718 PostsLatest Activity: 11 hours ago