Forum Discussion

coolnessda
Rising Newcomer
5 years ago

How to properly use c3p0

So I have a 7 star gear 8 c3p0 currently with neither of his zetas filled. I currently use him only on a padme led squad for phase 1 of sith raid and set the squad on auto because I have no idea how to properly use him. I know he's a staple for commander Luke rebel squads as seen in squad arena as even an enemy team of gear 12 rebels prove troublesome to my gear 13 and nearly fully relic'd jedi revan squad. Can anyone please explain to me how to use him in very simple terms?
  • In a nutshell, his basic debuffs enemies, his special buffs allies and calls them to assist. He also passively buffs allies every time they use a special. When he calls an assist, all other characters with his Translation buff attack too.

Both his buff (Translation) and debuff (Confuse) stack up to 3 times. Each stack gives additional bonuses / detrimental effects. The first stack of Confuse prevents buffs, which is great to keep tanks from taunting. For example, if you're facing DR you want to confuse Malak and Sith Trooper so you can go after BSF and HK.

His buff / assist call goes on whoever doesn't already have it or has the least stacks of it. E.g., if Padme and GK already have Translation because they've used a special, while JKA and Ahsoka don't have it, you want to put it on JKA to trigger a mass assist. (Ahsoka assists anyway when 3PO uses a special).
    coolnessda
    Rising Newcomer
    Ok thanks for the info. I just find some toons to be so confusing to use like c3p0 and just reading wat tambor skills who otherwise focus around buff specialization and not dealing straight up damage.
  • The “confuse” and “translate” mechanics need to be memorized. As they stack, the benefits/detriments increase exponentially.

Confuse and Translate should go to tanks as your first move. Confuse is great to place on enemy tanks, as it prevents them from taunting, while translate gives +30% max health for the first stack. However, more than one stack on tanks becomes less important.

Two stacks of translate or confuse are great for attackers. Two stacks of Translate will increase their critical chance, while two stacks on confusion take away assists, counters, and bonus turn meter.

Three stacks of confuse/translation are great on speedy support toons. Three stacks increase/decrease cooldowns on special abilities, so the faster a toon moves, the more often this happens.

All things considered, I buff/debuff tanks first with one stack, attackers next with two stacks, and speedy support last with three stacks.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago