Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Iden Versio

So should we wait on gearing or applying a Zeta? It's pretty clear that she is the next paper zombie and will probably be nerfed.

"blah blah blah blah, it's not our intention to encourage under gearing toons" (even though we don't play test our game or consider any interactions before releasing a new character kit)

How our community figured this out in about 5 minutes and yet another character will have to be walked back or adjusted is no longer a shock. It's just becoming sad.
  • I expect nerfs on every character from here on out after we test the characters for them.
  • "Lucada;d-252956" wrote:
    So should we wait on gearing or applying a Zeta? It's pretty clear that she is the next paper zombie and will probably be nerfed.

"blah blah blah blah, it's not our intention to encourage under gearing toons" (even though we don't play test our game or consider any interactions before releasing a new character kit)

How our community figured this out in about 5 minutes and yet another character will have to be walked back or adjusted is no longer a shock. It's just becoming sad.

How do you plan on abusing it when this infinite revive requires a full non Droid, non Leader Imp Troopers team?
    SnowTrooper may gain 30% on her death and give 15% to others but I don't think it's enough to call it an abuse
  • I think they should add that when Iden dies, she marks (non dispellable) a trooper. The trooper can still be revived with the "adapt or die" buff, but it takes away most single target attacks from Iden (especially if she is low gear). It incentivizes gearing Iden up since you wouldn't want her to die (and thusly mark a trooper), but it would be ok if she did on offense because you could manage the "mark" with a taunting tank, heals, or timing a "adapt or die" special to apply it right before the "marked" trooper is about to die, so they immediately come back. It makes the team more complex and interesting too if you face them on defense. You have to kill all the troopers around her first anyway, but if you accidentally do kill Iden with an AOE, you may have "marked" a trooper that you didn't want to go after yet.
  • "Modscankissmya;c-2329210" wrote:
    "Metasly;c-2329204" wrote:
    "Lucada;d-252956" wrote:

How do you plan on abusing it when this infinite revive requires a full non Droid, non Leader Imp Troopers team?
    SnowTrooper may gain 30% on her death and give 15% to others but I don't think it's enough to call it an abuse

Some teams are programmed to always target the weakest toons. Which will always be Iden, who always revives.
    Still not seeing an issue?

Ok that I understand.
    Which team are coded as such ? I'm not sure it'll make Iden Troopers a counter to thees team if they weren't before
  • "Metasly;c-2329342" wrote:
    "Modscankissmya;c-2329210" wrote:
    "Lucada;d-252956" wrote:

Some teams are programmed to always target the weakest toons. Which will always be Iden, who always revives.

Ok that I understand.
    Which team are coded as such ? I'm not sure it'll make Iden Troopers a counter to thees team if they weren't before

Geos, I think. Maybe Mothma. Some others.

And remember this “Troopers” team isn’t taking away… pretty much anything from the core Imperial Troopers team. You can’t use Veers, Piett, Gideon, or Dark with her anyway, which really just leaves Starck and Range as “competing” for a spot on either team. Meanwhile Snow happily takes a spot on Iden’s team, and the leftovers of Storm, Shore, Death, and Magma are all decent enough that they’d work on a Iden team when she (either via low gear + target weakest or the Omicron) can make them nearly immortal.

Realistically it’s more complicated than that, with Gideon sometimes being taken to do his own thing, Shore’s pretaunt leaving Iden not targeted, and Range sometimes being needed by the Leaders+Dark. But Iden should be able to make a decent Geo/Mothma killer out of the leftovers.
  • The default programming for all teams is to attack the weakest enemy. About 90% chance they will choose to do this. It's only specific things that override this, like if 5s is present loads of newer toons are programed to attack him. Some have very specific targeting order. But the default question the game asks itself is "which toon could I kill quickest?"

"Metasly;c-2329342" wrote:
    "Lucada;d-252956" wrote:

Ok that I understand.

• "Winterwolves;c-2329584" wrote:
    The default programming for all teams is to attack the weakest enemy. About 90% chance they will choose to do this. It's only specific things that override this, like if 5s is present loads of newer toons are programed to attack him. Some have very specific targeting order. But the default question the game asks itself is "which toon could I kill quickest?"

"Metasly;c-2329342" wrote:
    "Lucada;d-252956" wrote:

Ok that I understand.

Darth Revan seems to be coded for going after enemy leader