Forum Discussion

9 years ago

IG-86 or geo soldier

Hey guys,

Could you advice me which one of them would be better. I've been leveling up ig-86 which is 2* and almost 7 gear but now i hear everywhere that geonosian soldier is solid damage dealer and i have doubts if im going good way. Both have assist skill I dont have geo at all so i would have to farm him from beginning. I would stop farming JC in cantina which is 4* gear 7, maybe continue from battles?

My team is
sid 5* almost 7 gear
lumi 6* almost 7 gear
JC 4* almost 8 gear
phasma 3* almost 7 gear
Ig-86 2*almost 7 gear

Almost because just need 1-2 lvls to equip last items.

Im F2P player and those are my mains which i leveled up from beginning.
  • Man I really dig geo soldier. I have him at 6* and I'm lvl 60. His assist becomes available for every other turn. I've placed first in Arena and come in at least in the top 20 everyday. I've farmed him since the hard launch. It really depends on what team you're using. I use him with daka sid JC and lum. 86 even though he hits hard is a bit squishy.
  • I also switch farming between GS and JC in cantina once I promote one. However I always do farm jcs 3 spots in hard mode everyday.
  • I use both on my droid team. 86 hits harder and crits more often, Geo is faster, has more hp, but doesn't hit quite as hard. Both have specials that call assist and 86 gets a damage bonus if he calls another droid, while Geo gets a damage bonus if he calls Poggle.

Geo also gets extra crit chance and turn meter gain on a crit from his unique. 86 gets more critical chance for each droid ally, and more damage from his unique.

86 is a better choice for a droid squad although Geo is not a bad choice either. Geo fits good into any team where 86 really needs other droids to shine.
  • Thanks guys for you support, I decided to go geo instead of IG-86, additionally I've just bough daka from cantina so i replaced with JC and now I like very much synergy between phasma leader skill and others auto attack skills :)
  • In the long run, I think you can farm IG-86 considerably faster than GS. IG-86 is available in multiple levels and in shipment.
  • Maybe you are right but i dont plan to build droid squad so decided that geo will be more universal. It took me just 1 day to gather the same gear lvl as previously farmed IG-86.
  • "Nonemo;57903" wrote:
    In the long run, I think you can farm IG-86 considerably faster than GS. IG-86 is available in multiple levels and in shipment.

Not that much faster, if you want to level Phasma and Luminara to 7*. IG86 Shares shipmemts with them. He also has hard nodes, but Geo Cantina missions cost 8 energy instead of 10, so it's roughly the same
  • Both are great to have. You get consistent basic shot crits of 3000_4000 from 86. That only helps a droid team.... Right....

I pair 88, 86, han, jc, and lumi. I would be willing to drop lumi for gs and swap out jc for ewok elder if I could ever get ewok bad asz
  • Could you tell my why ewok is so good because i have pulled him long time ago and did not spent even 1 coin on him :)
  • "Frk5;60098" wrote:
    Could you tell my why ewok is so good because i have pulled him long time ago and did not spent even 1 coin on him :)

Ewok can revive characters, which is pretty good in GW.
    I'd stick to Luminara and JC anyways

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 7 hours ago