Forum Discussion

9 years ago

IG-88 and Vader team

I am building an 88-led team with Vader on it. For anyone else who uses this duo, who else do you put on the team? I am currently farming Lando and think he could fit really well.

Other ideas?
  • Definitely Phasma, as he can guarantee crits and has an AOE that applies debuffs of his own.

If you have them, B2 and Rex are both solid on this team, especially if you omega B2's special. He attacks and AOE's so often that combined with applying DOTs he can actually do some decent damage. He's also almost essential for beating Rex led teams by baiting out his mass Tenacity Up then using B2 to clear it. Meanwhile using Rex on your own team can provide a much needed speed boost on turn 1 for Vader, 88, and Phasma, all of which have 121 speed maxed, while Rex at 140 speed can essentially boost them to the same 140 speed with his special, as well as clearing any stun or ability block that would prevent them using AOE on the first turn.

Other solid non-AOE options are Leia, who can apply up to 3 DOTs per attack and further increase everyone's crit chance, Rey, who's Flurry of Blows can apply up to 4 DOTs, and RG, who attacks pretty often when not being focused on due to his TM gain, plus stun is very strong combined with DOTs.
  • I run this team with 88 (L), Vader, Gam guard, Rex (sounds odd but the TM boost with his tenacity buff and the resists it offers is fantastic) and some sort of dps for the last spot (Rey, Leia or even Dengar now). It is very strong on offense but on defense it's not so great.
  • "DrD;525584" wrote:
    Definitely Phasma, as he can guarantee crits and has an AOE that applies debuffs of his own.

If you have them, B2 and Rex are both solid on this team, especially if you omega B2's special. He attacks and AOE's so often that combined with applying DOTs he can actually do some decent damage. He's also almost essential for beating Rex led teams by baiting out his mass Tenacity Up then using B2 to clear it. Meanwhile using Rex on your own team can provide a much needed speed boost on turn 1 for Vader, 88, and Phasma, all of which have 121 speed maxed, while Rex at 140 speed can essentially boost them to the same 140 speed with his special, as well as clearing any stun or ability block that would prevent them using AOE on the first turn.

Other solid non-AOE options are Leia, who can apply up to 3 DOTs per attack and further increase everyone's crit chance, Rey, who's Flurry of Blows can apply up to 4 DOTs, and RG, who attacks pretty often when not being focused on due to his TM gain, plus stun is very strong combined with DOTs.

Only problem with Phasma is her fusillade is a little bit redundant because Vader's AOE is omega'd and can also apply speed down.

I don't have B2 or Rex as a F2P player but I am farming Rey and Leia.
  • "Smapty;525773" wrote:
    I run this team with 88 (L), Vader, Gam guard, Rex (sounds odd but the TM boost with his tenacity buff and the resists it offers is fantastic) and some sort of dps for the last spot (Rey, Leia or even Dengar now). It is very strong on offense but on defense it's not so great.

How is GG? I heard he is too slow. He has a great kit though and his basic already applies 2 debuffs. I started farming him but am unsure if I will continue.
  • I had started experimenting with 88 lead vader variations and have honestly had a blast...
    Now im using a teebo led vader/100/fives/hk team thats has 4 gear 10 and hk sitting at lowest just under 30k total hp as arena defense (if i timeout just one person...then it was worth it!)

While these partys are totally fun and a blast to play, 88 always seems to get knocked off quick without hk leading...that extra tm on his 2/3rds of the time crit rate + his hp steal at 15% and high dmg made big difference...

That balance of dots vs saber toss issue w 88 is one of those fun teams that has yet to be fully unraveled.