Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Is Raid Han Long Gone?

With the introduction of pre-battle taunters like Baze and Shore I understand that Han's "Shoot First" ability is essentially useless (minus less counters if it's on Baze). My question is: "Is Han dead to the world of viable Arena teams?" I'm getting Episode VII flashbacks... Oh God...

Recently got him up to speed (late, I know, Blah blah), and have been toying with a Bounty Hunter team centered around fast Boba (L), Zam, Greedo, Raid Han and B2. Does the rest of Han's moveset have the utility to keep him viable in such a team? I don't have IG88 so would prefer not to farm/gear him from scratch...

Anyone wanna chip in with where he's been usable in current meta?
  • Han's special ability lets him go first every battle for stun on 1 target, but it doesn't matter if you're limited to one choice, that being a pretaunter like Baze/Shore. Speed wise he's okay, but not useful in a jedi team...
  • Im not sure about pvp but I know raid han is usable in p4 for aat raid. I guess since he has a buff. I've been using unreliable leia for p4 and sometimes get bad rng and have to run my squad less than full lol
  • Unless your entire arena has Baze/Shore running he's obviously still useful. There's always somebody still running droids or an amped up 5 attacker squad. And I'm going to doubt very highly that there are only Baze/Shore running in the top 10 of any shard because some of the best ways to beat Baze/Shore teams is to overstack with 5 attackers. Raid Han was never that great of a character for defense anyway since the AI picks targets pretty randomly.

Worth noting too that QGJ zeta lead likely cancels out Raid Han's special.
  • I think he's still useful even if the other team's running shore because stunning him delays his taunt/crit immunity move, which can be enough to render shoretrooper useless during the match.
  • "SlyGambit;853513" wrote:
    Worth noting too that QGJ zeta lead likely cancels out Raid Han's special.

Can confirm.
  • If they upgrade Han to give him the same buff as Boba (to ignore taunt) he will be his old self again. However, I don't know how much it would change balance if you can once again start off by stunning enemy debuffers og cleansers.
  • Seems like no one has played a g11 raid Han. He's still a monster, just requires gear. If you've played against a Qgj zeta team, you will quickly figure out they pose little threat due to lack of damage (yes even with kenobi and yoda zeta) it really helps to stun shore or baze at the beginning as well, although slightly limits his utility. His main asset is insane damage. 15k+ on basic, 20-30k deadeye. With proper mods gets tankier than wedge and Biggs. He does require a lot of love to get to g11, but can really help a wiggs team with an opening storm of damage that will take down just about any tank.
  • What SlyGambit said, tho regarding the current Meta and Zeta Chars and high HP teams his usability is limited. Currently his best use is P4 in AAT raids or Galactic War. For PVP he might be useful on offense, for sure not on defense due to his low health.