Forum Discussion

coolnessda
Rising Newcomer
6 years ago

Is young han solo any good?

After participating in the smuggler event today I have been potentially thinking about reworking my smuggler team. I run qira lead, raid han, chewie, and then the vets. I'm not particularly fond of old han but vet chewie is pretty good and i was wondering if young han was worth investing in.
  • I like him and use him a lot, but he is a luxury toon and not absolutely required. I do have his zeta.

My main use for him right now is on a P2 HSTR team that can get 2.5-4M damage. Same team can get 1M+ in P3 and P4 but those are a lot more RNG.

He will be meta once we get Beckett, which should be any day now!
    Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "jayjonbeach;c-1950099" wrote:
    @Jarvind who are you running Yhan with to solo all of HAAT?

https://i.imgur.com/9brbQFU.png

It's not a particularly fast team, but I manage to pull off the solo 90% of the time. Phase 1 can go sideways, since you're relying on CLS to assist off Ackbar's lead and push Grievous's turn meter down; if you get unlucky and Ackbar assists a lot, Grievous can get a bunch of turns and make it to enrage.

Phase 2 also takes a bit of trial and error to master; you have to slap the main tank body a bit outside of topples without feeding it enough TM to get a turn. If you can make it to P3 you've won though, since Han will be hitting for over 100k on his basic and over 600k with his special by that point.

I think if you zeta Young Han you could probably do it with Raid Han in place of Hoda, which would make P1 a lot easier, but the Separatists have been eating all my zetas so I haven't had a chance to try it out.
  • "Coolnessda;d-212508" wrote:
    After participating in the smuggler event today I have been potentially thinking about reworking my smuggler team. I run qira lead, raid han, chewie, and then the vets. I'm not particularly fond of old han but vet chewie is pretty good and i was wondering if young han was worth investing in.

If you can sub out the vets and put in Vandor Chewie + Enfys, that event will become a breeze on auto.

As far as Young Han - yes, he's very good although he's lost some of his usability. I would use him to solo the HAAT raid for P3 and P4. He begins to hit heavy and do a lot of damage as time goes, so he isn't too good in a 5-minute long timed battle. But he's still decent and has helped me in GAC/TW here and there.

I wouldn't make him your focus. If you can farm him in the background and at a more relaxed pace, than sure.
    thedrjojo
    Seasoned Newcomer
    The smuggler event can be auto'd with subbing vet Han out for nest... As far as other uses, I wouldn't put Han/chewy under qira, they should go under zeta cls
  • "VonZant;c-1948636" wrote:
    My main use for him right now is on a P2 HSTR team that can get 2.5-4M damage

Who are you using with him there?
  • "Coolnessda;d-212508" wrote:

I run the same team! Not because I don't have anything better, but because it's fun and they work pretty well together. The vets both have stun so they are good at controlling the enemy and both Vet Han and Raid Han get Chewie guard.

I don't know why so many players feel the need to autoplay everything, where's the fun in that?
    Anyway, for this event Young Han is not great, would not recommend unless you get the full Qira squad together (Young Lando, L337, Vandor).
  • "TarlaBille;c-1949262" wrote:
    "VonZant;c-1948636" wrote:
    My main use for him right now is on a P2 HSTR team that can get 2.5-4M damage

Who are you using with him there?

@TarlaBille Qira Mission Z HY Yolo.

Takes some getting used to but once you have run it a few times it's very consistent. McMole video on it.

Works ok in p3 and 4 too.
    Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    He's not bad, but I probably wouldn't go crazy burning crystals to gear him up or anything. He does best in really long fights where his offense can ramp up, which pretty much means raids. I use him to solo HAAT (the whole thing), but he's probably not worth gearing just for that since there are several teams that can do it now.

I have also used him in 3v3 GA under Jango (just for the extra speed, really) to 2-man weaker teams. For regular GA I run the full Prepared team on defense (Qira/Young Han/Young Lando/L3/Vandor) and while it's not exactly a total pushover, I don't see it put up successful defenses very often. The only zeta is Vandor, so I guess it might do a bit better with zetas on Qira and Young Han, but I would say overall he's a "nice to have" character at best.