Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Isolated Ally with Traya

Why doesn’t an isolated ally have their debuffs cleansed at the start of their turn whenever Traya is on the team. Isolate says “Can't gain buffs; can't attack or gain positive effects out of turn; allies can't attack or gain positive effects during this unit's turn.” I don’t see anything that says they can’t be cleansed. Am I missing something or is this a bug?
  • "crzydroid;c-1600311" wrote:
    "Bulldog1205;c-1600298" wrote:
    "crzydroid;c-1600123" wrote:
    So since Traya does damage to them after the cleanse, I wonder if the ability is considered an attack. Since she can't attack during the Isolated ally's turn it would then be WAI.

That seems very unlikely, although that could be tested by seeing if it triggers other attack effects. For example, If it’s an attack, then under a Phasma lead Traya dispelling Sith would have a 20% chance to call an assist. I highly doubt that is the case.

Not necessarily. There are moves that don't call an assist under Ackbar lead because they are considered attacks, even though by the same token, they would also not call assists from Phasma, and devs have stated this behavior as WAI. So I can very well see Traya's unique not triggering something else. In any case, since the cleanse is coming from Traya, it does seem like it is against the spirit of Isolate even if it's the Isolated ally's turn.

I’d agree that it’s not in the spirit of isolate, but that still doesn’t mean it’s not wrong based on the wording. And if we are going with that reasoning, then it doesn’t make sense that if Traya is isolated she will still dispel buffs from other allies during their turn.