Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Jedi Knight Luke Leadership?

Just trying to figure out what’s going on here. Can the speed alteration from JKL’s “Return of the Jedi” be resisted? Enemy was Carth (L) Mission and Zaalbar.

• It can’t but I’ve noticed that enemies with lower base speed than luke will sometimes not recieve the effect
  • "SHAD0W4576;c-2218811" wrote:
    It can’t but I’ve noticed that enemies with lower base speed than luke will sometimes not recieve the effect

This is what's happening. Mission has lower base speed than JKL.
  • "SHAD0W4576;c-2218811" wrote:
    It can’t but I’ve noticed that enemies with lower base speed than luke will sometimes not recieve the effect

Yep this. They dont get the icon if they are not affected, and if they are slower they are not affected
  • Just have one super fast non-OR Jedi on the team, say, Hermit Yoda. Use Heroes Arise on their very first turn. Boom. Speed reduction done with a super slow JKL. I run him at only +33 so far and it's been awesome.
  • CT 1-3 it's all about surviving the opening set of turns by the enemy, after that you just keep following repetitive strategy with JKL.

I ran JKLS lead, JKR, GMY, HY, GK.

You set it up with one last enemy in the red, and ensure you end each wave using Heroes Arise (and make sure his Mass Stun is off cooldown) so JKL starts the next wave with full TM. He'll go, reduce the speed of everyone, stun them all, and you take 5+ turns each before they even move once.

Repeat 7 times for profit.

Just make sure going into Wave 4 EVERYBODY has their mass assist calls ready to drop on Grievous. Mark him with Revan (hopefully you have him) and then wreck everyone else after.
  • I have my shaak ti at 339 and Luke only at +41 with a ton of protection and offense and they are together on defense for 3v3 gac. If you cannot outspeed shaak then you need a Han team capable of extremely high damage or a GL to get through that team. I could go higher for shaak but I prefer my fastest set on DR...
  • @RTS Unfortunately my JKLS is only G8 so I can't deploy him on Jedi missions in LS Geo TB but when I do, or when I use him in other PvE, its my fastest set on Hermit which puts him at 361.

I nuked CT3 of Ground War with G8 JKLS using this strategy.