Forum Discussion

UC-mariogsh
Seasoned Novice
4 years ago

JKL Kit question regarding to speed

Ok, I'm far from unlocking JKL to begin with, but there's something in the kit that never have been clear for me.

The leadership.
So, the text says that "At the start of each JKL turns, all enemies are reduced to his base speed", and their base speed can't be increased once this happens

So, first of all, according to some readings, "base speed" means plus mods (why is called base speed if it includes mods, but ok) right?

So, first question
1. Speed up buff does not longer work once JKL has taken a turn? Or that is independent to his leadership?
2. According to his unique and the part of the leadership which says "at the start of each JKL turn"
He gains stacking speed until the end of encounter when attacking out of turn or is critically hit
Let's say his base speed is 150 at the start of the battle, so enemies are set to 150 speed, things happen and for the next time he takes a turn, he is at 160 speed, the enemies are "reset" back to 160 speed? Or they stay at 150 speed, because that was the speed of JKL when he took his first turn?

If it's the first one (they go up to 160 speed), why would I want to put a zeta on his unique? Those 20 extra speed are going to go to the enemies afterwards! If it was the second case sceneario (they stay at 150 speed) that would make sense, at the end, JKL would be 20 speed faster than any enemy.

Thanks kindly!
  • Ok, so yes it is a little confusing but base stats for a battle are always calculated at the beginning of the battle and always include mods.

The base speed from the beginning of the battle is always what they are set to, increases to his speed due to his unique do not apply to the base speed used for his leadership ability. This allows him to get faster than the opponents.

I believe buffs still work until his leadership applies the speed limitation.
    UC-mariogsh
    Seasoned Novice
    "Kyno;c-2176130" wrote:
    Ok, so yes it is a little confusing but base stats for a battle are always calculated at the beginning of the battle and always include mods.

The base speed from the beginning of the battle is always what they are set to, increases to his speed due to his unique do not apply to the base speed used for his leadership ability. This allows him to get faster than the opponents.

I believe buffs still work until his leadership applies the speed limitation.

Cool, that makes a lot of sense now, the wording made me think they increased their speed like JKL does

Thanks for the answer Kyno!

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 2 months ago