Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Kinda unfair to this guy

He is at 2.3 million GP. I am at 2.49 million. Why do I win the tie with more GP? Because I am intentionally staying below 2.5 million to keep getting the kyber rewards. I'd be willing to bet many are doing this. The person with the lower GP should get the win because they performed better with the roster they had.

Just my thoughts

• My first two official GAC were in DIV 4. Last GAC was in DIV 3.

Might just be luck of the draw, but I found that last GAC to be far easier. I've made kyber every round. I know I'm one person, but food for thought.

More on topic, the whole tie thing doesn't make much sense. Why give the win to the account with more overall power instead of the team with less relevant power, seeing as how they supposedly had the same performance with less resources
  • Because they don't reward NOT collecting in a collection game.
  • "Damodamo;c-2005989" wrote:
    Is this the first post where the sandbagger is complaining?

Confused?

Meet Mephisto...
  • "CCyrilS;c-2005991" wrote:
    "Damodamo;c-2005989" wrote:
    Is this the first post where the sandbagger is complaining?

Confused?

Meet Mephisto...

I’m aware of the Jawa love thing, but sandbagging and then feeling bad for the person you just bullied? Why?
  • "Mephisto_style;c-2005990" wrote:
    "CCyrilS;c-2005987" wrote:
    Because they don't reward NOT collecting in a collection game.

But GP matching in GAC doesn't measure that. I did not collect for 1.5 years on this account.

GP isn't even the relevant stat for determining the true underdog. You may have actually played better.

Overall GP is the best tiebreaker. I don't get why so many people get hung up on the whole "but I played better thing" nobody played better cuz you freaking tied!
  • "Mephisto_style;d-218542" wrote:
    The person with the lower GP should get the win because they performed better with the roster they had.

And you performed better at collecting resources and building your roster. CG rewards you for that.
  • "HK666;c-2005963" wrote:
    Why give the win to the account with more overall power instead of the team with less relevant power, seeing as how they supposedly had the same performance with less resources

Exactly!
  • "CCyrilS;c-2005987" wrote:
    Because they don't reward NOT collecting in a collection game.

But GP matching in GAC doesn't measure that. I did not collect for 1.5 years on this account.
  • "Mephisto_style;d-218542" wrote:
    Because I am intentionally staying below 2.5 million to keep getting the kyber rewards. I'd be willing to bet many are doing this.

You already answered your own question with this statement. It's not a way of playing the makers want to encourage even more.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago