Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Lando dropped my whole team with an aoe. This is balance?

Plz devs. Everyone not running the cookie cutter wiggs lando st han team is falling out of top 100 of my shard. How is this fostering competition? It's get wiggs or fail right now. I understand incentivising certain toons to make sure people were ready for ships. Ships are here now, please end this nonsense. Make arena playable again
  • I've finished 1st 6/7 the past 7 days on a December shard using:

EP lead
    TiePilot
    RG
    Shore
    JKA

This is great anti rebel killer!
  • "QuiGonJesus;787341" wrote:
    Jedi or die! But I'm running out of jedi to farm :(

This would be your problem
  • You guys spoke about the "next meta"... but what would it be? Really gonna be jedis? Why?
  • As your arena matures the top teams will change, Lando and STH will eventually get phased out.
  • "Mithrawnuodo;791361" wrote:
    "VektorT;791348" wrote:
    You guys spoke about the "next meta"... but what would it be? Really gonna be jedis? Why?

Quigonn zeta.
    Super fast, extra offense, two turn foresight...
    Just ugh, yuck, no.
    Gotta figure it out before it's everywhere...

QGJ Zeta isn't viable unless you run General Kenobi
  • Ugh you guys are probably right. I was just raging at the fact that I can't beat this team, and its like the most common one in my shard. I guess I need to work on my buff removal guys for STHans taunt and my problems won't be so bad.
  • "Sacull_Kinslayer;787357" wrote:
    Lando doesn't bother me. Wiggs can. About 20% of the time. However I do agree. They should do a better job of parity. Of 96 characters available there are about (being very lenient here) 20 that are viable. And each of those require the correct 2-4 other characters to make them viable.

Example: Lando alone in random team without any other rebels isn't a problem. But team him up with SThan... He becomes more.

I just really don't like random chars in the movie being better than the stars. That is like if they made greedo better than raid han. Or wedge better than Vader. Or Biggs better than Sidious...

Oh wait...

Seriously... If someone is an awesome pilot let them be awesome in ships... They shouldn't be better than the ultimate bravo alphas of the Universe.

I completely agree and the worst thing is 98% of the Meta/Viable characters are Light Side! and the few Dark Side characters that are viable are very difficult to get shards for!

I have always loved wedge from the films I understand why he is OP but not gonna lie Vader, Han, Leia, Chewie , Luke, Anakin, Obi Wan should be better....
  • I've found that an Anakin lead, tanky jedi team with scarif or sun fac as your tank can be a great counter to most teams built around lando. They're tanky enough to survive his first aoe and then apply offense down to neuter his later ones. Then Anakin's lead gives you enough offense and crit damage to beat them into submission

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 15 hours ago