Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Malevolence with HMF

I've been running into this in my arena top 5 the past week. 5* MAL with 5* droid ships with HMF reinforcement is competing against 7* negotiators.

It turns into a vulture droid killing fest until they kill you.

Any strategies to combat this?
  • Kill vulture droids faster? Should be no problem with a maxed out Negotiator.
  • Same as stealth geo spy. Add Cassian u-wing or ebon hawk for their reinforcement Mass dispel and focus fire down the Falcon. Easy peasy (bonus is the mass dispel also knocks down all the overcharge stacks running around).
  • You were right the first time around; The TM gain ability on Malevolence comes from having GG at G11+, not from being a 7* ship. It's definitely a huge benefit, and yes I often run HMF as an RI just for that interaction you describe.

The counters described above (Cassian and/or EH as a reinforcement call) are your best bet.
    tward930
    New Spectator
    "Billiam;c-2065519" wrote:
    You were right the first time around; The TM gain ability on Malevolence comes from having GG at G11+, not from being a 7* ship. It's definitely a huge benefit, and yes I often run HMF as an RI just for that interaction you describe.

The counters described above (Cassian and/or EH as a reinforcement call) are your best bet.

Someone should merge this thread into the thread where everyone was complaining about EH being a garbage ship. Good tip everyone!
  • "Rydia131;c-2067655" wrote:
    So whats the starting three ships for the mal lineup in this scenario?

Sun fac, hyena, and vulture
  • "Akenno;c-2065483" wrote:
    Kill vulture droids faster? Should be no problem with a maxed out Negotiator.

Well...lol. everyone else is 7*, mine is 6* (R7)
    As long as I'm killing vulture droids, it feeds TM to capital ship, in which it then spawns another in its place. :s

It's just an endless cycle of that until mal's ultimate goes off and brings the negotiator to its knees.
  • So the TM gain is only for 7* so nevermind about that...I was strategically trying to not kill them and them get em all with an AOE. Maybe that's my problem...but once this guy goes 7* idk how that's going to work out
  • "Nauros;c-2065689" wrote:
    Interesting. Do you think this setup is better than pure Sep with the droid ships at 7*?

I'd say so yes.
    ttimpane
    New Spectator
    EH or Cassian ....also, try to keep the debuffs low on HMF and if you get him target locked, 5s can make short work using his special and JKA's AOE and AOEs from Neg also. I've ran into this many times, but have made short work with GR only teams and haven't needed to swap out ships for Cassian or EH. But I also have a pretty strong GR team overall.
  • So whats the starting three ships for the mal lineup in this scenario?

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago