Forum Discussion

btaedter13
New Spectator
7 months ago

Mara Omi vs. Kelleran Beq (TW)

I'm curious if anyone knows how the Mara omicron, which removes 100% of the enemy leader's protection, works vs KB's unique, which grants stacks of Padawan Lessons based on his protection (since both of these abilities go into effect "at the start of the battle"). Seems like it might be an effective counter if Mara removes all his protection before he can hand out Padawan Lesson stacks. Did some looking for footage and/or existing discussions about this, but couldn't find much.
  • Pretty sure at the start of battle effects mentioned in this thread trigger in the following order: player lead, enemy lead, enemy uniques, player uniques.

Perhaps @scuba or @Enigmatic_Potato can confirm.
    GRANDOLAKEV
    Seasoned Traveler
    I think they don't interact like you want. She removes the protection, but it can be restored and his is based off his max available one I think
    theXrono
    Seasoned Traveler
    I dont think it would be a counter. I think Beq's works more based on max protection then the actual protection amount. Also at the start of battle i believe all ablities work in order of character placement so leader first, then the 2nd unit, then 3rd, etc. So beqs ablities should take effect before mara's since he wiuld be the lead and mara should always be the 2nd unit at best.

Then just based on the wording of his omicron i think hes ment to counter mara's, since he loses all his protection he then gets all the bonuses.

The first time each ally loses all Protection, they recover 50% Turn Meter, gain 150% Bonus Protection for 3 turns, and gain 10% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Offense plus an additional +2% for each stack of Padawan Lessons on them.

I could easily be wrong, but my interpretation of the kits is that he is the counter to her.
    Persimius
    Rising Traveler
    "GRANDOLA;c-2458477" wrote:
    I think they don't interact like you want. She removes the protection, but it can be restored and his is based off his max available one I think

It only removes 50% of the max protection, so even if it does that first, it will still hand out some Padawan Lessons.
  • As his kit reads, he hands out a stack of PL "For every 10,000 Protection he has at the start of battle". Elsewhere in his kit, it specifically calls out Max Protection, but not in the clause that determines PL stacks. So as it seems to me, it just comes down to which ability goes into effect first.

It could easily be some obscure order of operations like flux_rono suggested, which is why I was curious if anyone knew for sure or had actually tried it themselves. And even if the Mara omi does go into effect first, the foresight, tenacity, defense, etc on the Beq squad might still pose too much of a problem for her to be an effective counter. Just thought it was an interesting situation.