Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Nasty Arena team?

December 2016 Shard - Been very unhappy about my Arena Team lately... Stayed in the top 50 for a while and recently been struggling to crack top 100 daily. Tried a few combinations that I thought may be ok, but I hope I'm on to something with this team....

Wedge (L), Biggs, Chirrut, Shoretrooper, Baze

Burst DPS, 2 Taunt Tanks, 3 ways to heal, Lots of buffs, dispel, and debuffs, Crit Immunity... Pretty much protecting Wedge, Biggs, and Chirrut most of the battle, with Shoretrooper's Crit Immunity protecting them from those hard-hiting AoE attacks from Lando.

What I'm really interested in the most is Shoretrooper's Regroup. Whenever he loses a buff, Regroup's cooldown is reduced. With all of the HoT from Chirrut, If he can be kept alive that ability can go almost every turn? That is near-perma taunt/heals/crit immunity if it works.

Anyway, I just rolled it out there for 1st time and blasted a pretty decent Nihilus squad.

• Interesting combo, Regroup is great but isn't your team vulnerable to a team with fast stunners?
  • Probably a bit vulnerable to that... the next match I played, Chirrut was ability blocked so I couldn't reverse a bunch of Vader debuffs and equalize health.... Lost Wedge in the process. Still won the match with the other 4 alive.

Just put a full set of L15 Tenacity mods on Chirrut and his Tenacity is 69.78%; I'll try that for a couple matches because if he gets stunned or ability block, the wheels can kinda come off. Really hope this team will be able to hold on Defense a little better than my other squad. In just 2 matches, jumped right back into the top 100 without any troubles.