Forum Discussion

7 years ago

NS Team - Gear Zombie or Not?

So the dominant school of thought is to leave Zombie at a low star level and gear level so she dies and boost Vetriss dps.

BUT with her Omega wouldn’t it be better to gear her up so you increase the chance of her taunt being up more throughout the encounter in arena?
  • "CountPookoo;c-1447242" wrote:
    "Anakin_Skywalker;c-1447195" wrote:
    "seegester;c-1447191" wrote:
    Just count how many times my g12 zombi died ;)
    https://youtu.be/tDhnFDK7YkQ

great battle but there is no cls / thrawn and jtr team is not the best against ns

How would this have been different w/o Thrawn - assuming Thrawn hit fracture w/o killing zombie Acolyte is still stealthed and the other toons would be forced to kill Zombie in any event? I don’t get how CLS would have changed the course of this particular battle - can u explain Anakin? I actually find JTR one of the tougher combos I face with my NS team especially when paired with R2 and other AoE toons (Wedge/Baze etc..)

Thanks for the vid Seegester! It’s interesting to see just how much DPS Rebels & Resistance can put down on a single target but still end up losing the match - really loving the NS mechanics to counter to the current single target ‘buff and smash’ meta ;)

As I said fracture buff immune to zombie makes zombie useless (on Defense obviously)
    jtr is not really great against ns
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a2s3gwGegE
    asajj lead is better against jtr
    (3* g9 zombie in video)
    for acolyte people stun her with han and kill her or put buff immunity.

And let's say acolyte is stealthed and there is no aoe char in the enemy.
    Do you think G12 zombie standing out there helps your team any more than G8 zombie standing out there? Those two zombies are exactly the same in that particular situation. So why would anyone gear up zombie all the way up to G12, when G8 zombie can do the same job & when G8 does even better in certain situations
  • @annakin - I don’t get how fracture on zombie really makes her useless especially vs a low geared zombie cause you will just kill her and waste the fracture yes?

If geared, you reduce her TM but still need to deal with a stealthed Acolyte and in any event if you kill every other NS toon your team will be forced to kil zombie as there is nothing else targettable - again, makes fracture on geared zombie a possible waste?

Also curious who wins in NS vs NS one with a geared zombie and one without - anyone done a sim or theory crafting to comment on this?
  • There are multiple schools of thought on this, including the "leave her blue", "g7 for max speed" , g12 survivability (with GK and/or daka lead on defense), and g12 and CC(my fav)...

People are worried about fracture and buff immunity. Fracture comes from ONE char. Buff immunity is irrelevant if using Talia, and if not there are also limited chars who apply it.

Make sure your daka and your assaj have enough potency. Daka swings, 2 stuns. Assaj swings, stun. MT does her group attack, multiple stuns. If the opponent has thrawn, he should be stunned and burned. Simple. Many times the entire opposing team winds up stunned at the same time when on the attack.
  • @Cout pooku the first paragraph of your reply is exactly what I am talking about. Low Gear zombie is better because you can't fracture her. need i say more

I'm outta this discussion from now. Gear her if you feel like
  • It all depends on what NS team you are running... I abandoned the acolyte/ zombie combo a while ago and switched to Talia (which makes for a much stronger NS team when they are all geared and zeta’d)

It’s an intreresting team because of the versatility it provides... can do very well at low gear/ stars with the stealth abuse or can be a real powerhouse once fully realized with other options...

It all depends on how much you are willing to invest in them
  • "ExarTheKun;c-1448010" wrote:
    "Perfxion;c-1447984" wrote:
    NS can beat the META. Empire/I Troopers beat NS. META destroys Empire. Adds more diversity to the top. Only people mad are people who feel everyone must run JTR or CLS. There is still a paywall that NS are behind and a massive zeta commitment. Besides, there is a ftp counter to them.

That's an interesting point. I mean, my better geared, better zetad, and better modded CLS lead squad beats NS teams 90% of the time (when acolyte doesnt stealth first turn and **** me over.) Checks and balances are great, so I agree that a diverse arena is good for everyone.

Now name a squad that NS doesn't beat on offense on auto.

Uhhh...veers teams, maybe?

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 3 months ago