Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Nute Gunray

Interested to hear what people think about his potential with the upcoming changes and lvl increase.

It's hard to speculate because they say they are reworking how thermal detonators work but as the skill stands it could still potentially be pretty strong. It takes 3 rounds to detonate which made the skill all but useless with the current pace of battle. With the upcoming changes to damage and increased defense coupled with more hp's at lvl 80 I would anticipate battles lasting longer and the detonater could serve more of a purpose.

Nute has low potency currently which means the grenade will often be resisted making it even more of a wasted turn. It looks like his potency goes from 20% at 70 to 100% at 80 which should help somewhat with this.

If you land the grenade on the other teams tank or whichever character you plan to kill last (ideally a high hp one) when it goes off it does a percentage of their max health (seems like 50-60 percent) in damage and 60% of that damage to all other characters in the other team. With characters having 20k+ hp's after the lvl increase you will be looking at 10-15k damage to the target and over half that to anyone left alive on the other team when it detonates. Sure it takes 3 turns but you can still put out some solid damage with his basic attack and he would ideally keep himself in stealth and have a better chance to live long enough to do so with the new "fortitude" mechanic.

I am really tempted to finish gearing and starring him... I think he might be fun and work well in a scoundrel or ewok team.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 5 years ago