Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Opinion on restarting

https://swgoh.gg/p/252238521/

This is my team right now. I came back after a few years of not playing. I just started trying to farm Phoenix squad to get Thrawn. I don’t want to restart but what do you guys recommend?
  • DO NOT RESTART.

First, you said you don't want to, and this is a game: if you're doing things you don't want to you better be getting paid for them.

Second, the only advantage in starting over is that you'll be reseeded in a new Fleet shard, but you haven't been assigned a fleet shard, so you won't have to compete with people who have been building up their ships over years.

Now, you will start slightly behind on collecting ships, but you'll start a bit ahead in terms of your level and thus when you can begin farming crucial ships (like Hound's Tooth). Overall you're in a fine place to start.
    If you think you want to try playing the game again, just boot it up and go from here.
  • GP doesn't count for much anymore, so there's no real reason to restart.

Also Arena isn't very important anymore either.

So...........the benefits of restarting are very few, compared to carrying on.

On top of this; if you quit once, chances are it'll happen again. So getting into the habit of restarting isn't very conducive to getting very far at all.
  • If you intend to buy Hyperdrive or otherwise invest in your account, better to start over.

Otherwise, just keep plugging. Remember not to invest more than the bare minimum (enough for Thrawn) in Phoenix, they’re not a very good team long term.

Bastila lead Jedi do everything Phoenix does (in arena or in Galactic War) but better, with the exception of Thrawn who is good but not roster-defining great.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,714 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago