Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Opponent's Special Attacks

Can someone explain to me how the impact of special attacks is skewed to the opponent? I am a level 81 player. It seems like every time I am in a battle, my opponent's special attacks are twice as potent as mine. For example, I have a 7-star level 65 Darth Sidious. I was in a battle with an opponent who had a 5-star level 56 Darth Sidious. I used the Demoralizing Blow (Level 6) attack twice during the attack and in one instance it inflicted one "damage over time" element on one of the five opponents and two "damage over time" elements on another of the five opponents (and no "damage over time" elements on the other three opponents). The next time I used it, it dealt two "damage over time" elements on two of the (what was then) four opponents (and no "damage over time" elements on the other two opponents). My opponent used the attack twice, and in both instances, at least one "damage" over time element was inflicted on each of my troops. My troops were all higher level than the opponent's troops and had more stars than each of the opponents. I have also noticed this happens a lot with Darth Vader's "Force Crush" move. I have a 5-star level 60 Vader, and I am lucky if I inflict "damage over time" on half of the opponent's troops when I use it (and generally, there is one "damage over time" element inflicted on each of the opponent's troops who do not dodge or deflect the move); however, when I am playing against someone with Vader, and they use the "Force Crush" move, nearly every time, ALL of my troops suffer "damage over time" and in most instances there are 2 or 3 "damage over time" elements on the majority of my troops. I have also seen this a lot on ability block (i.e., Obi-Wan Kenobi's "Mind Tricks" move). I have also noticed that my opponent's players that have counter attacks (i.e., Count Dooku, Fives, etc.) counter attack me on almost every attack, whereas my players with counter attacks use their counter attack MAYBE 50% of the time. In addition, when I play an opponent with Captain Phasma as their leader, it seems like my opponent gets bonus attacks on every other attack, whereas, when I have Captain Phasma as my leader, it is much more like the 18% chance (if I am lucky) that it is supposed to be at level 6 (which is what level my Phasma's "Fire at Will" trait is set). There have been several times where I have an army of five First Order troops (with Phasma as my leader) and I still get the bonus attack around 20% of the time if I am lucky (the chance of bonus attack at level 6 is supposed to double if the attacking ally is First Order). I have also noticed that when my opponent has Teebo as its leader, regardless of level, it perfectly executes the stealth moves to maximize troops' ability to survive and heal. My Teebo is only a 4-star level 50 (Gear Level VI), so I do not use it much; however, when I do, I am lucky if I have one or two troops that go stealth during an entire battle.

I have also seen that my opponents' troops are generally more likely to block, deflect, or dodge my attacks than I am to block, dodge, or deflect theirs.

Lastly, I have had battles against opponents that have a level 65-70 Darth Sidious (5-7 star) and I have gone entire rounds (5 attacks) where my opponent's Sidious dodges or deflects all 5 attacks. This is when I have an army consisting of a 7-star level 73 Luminara Unduli, a 7-star level 70 Grand Master Yoda, a 6-star level 70 Barriss Offee, a 7-star level 72 Rey, and a 7-star level 70 Qui-Gon Jinn ( I have also interchanged a 7-star level 70 Mace Windu and/or 7-star level 70 Jedi Consular and have still had the same outcome). When I use my 7-star level 65 Darth Sidious, I am lucky if he dodges or deflects ONE attack by an opponent that uses lower star, lower level versions of the same troops I listed above.

I have other examples I could list, but these are the most frustrating.

I enjoy the game a lot, but these imbalances (or what seem like imbalances) are driving me crazy! Just curious if anyone else has seen this or has any info/input.

Thanks!
  • It seems to be pretty well known that the AI gets a boost to most RNG, this is assumed to balance against the fact you are playing AI that is a lot less efficient in its gameplay.

There are few instances of how you can game the AI.

If the AI was as good at using the right specials in the right order as players are, it would be much more frustrating that you think it is today.

Also for what ever reason they could have different potency/tenacity mods etc.

• I'd bet a combination of Tenacity mods and Potency mods as the cause here.
  • The bigger problem here is that you are level 81 and still using Darth Sidious and Vader, and didn't even level them up.