Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Protection Up mechanics

If you have an ability that reads "gain Protection Up (20%) for 2 turns" can it only be applied to the character once every 2 turns?

Example, ability triggers, you gain 20% Protection Up. You get hit and lose protection. Ability triggers again (same source) within the 2 turns.

Would you gain Protection Up 20% for 2 turns (resetting timer) or would you gain nothing since you still have it "up" even though the Protection has been lost?

Thanks
  • I believe Protection Up is stacking. Each one last 2 turns from when it was applied. But they also expire as the protection is used up.

There is no buff that has its length extended in the manner you suggest.
  • Ok, so if you have it on a counter, very time you get attacked (therefore lose Protection) then counter and gain Protection Up, you would gain the 20% again.
    Is this correct?
  • You can get multiple protection ups.

Say a unit gets 20%. Takes a hit for 10% protection. Gets another 20%

This unit currently has 30% extra protection in two separate, but stacked buffs
  • Yes it does stack and it also scaled off of health not protection.
  • "AnnerDoon;c-1448145" wrote:
    "scuba;c-1448139" wrote:
    Yes it does stack and it also scaled off of health not protection.

That seems totally bizarre, does it not? Why wouldn't protection up scale off of protection? Weird.

I think it's to also apply to units that have no protection
  • "Metasly;c-1449190" wrote:
    "AnnerDoon;c-1448145" wrote:
    "scuba;c-1448139" wrote:
    Yes it does stack and it also scaled off of health not protection.

That seems totally bizarre, does it not? Why wouldn't protection up scale off of protection? Weird.

I think it's to also apply to units that have no protection

Like Imperial TIE