Forum Discussion

8 years ago

R2D2 farming calculations

Hi guys,
Since we get such a short notice for R2D2. I read we have only 10 days, is that correct?
It's time to start doing some math. Let's see...

Options to reach 7* R2D2:

I'm missing two 7* characters out of my 5 empire team.

Stormtrooper
5* 73/85 (plus 1200 Cantina tokens)

Snowtrooper
5* 79/85

Royal Guard
6* 29/100

Magmatrooper
5* 61/85 (plus 400 GW tokens)

Grand Admiral Thrawn
6* 0/100 (not active, not an option)
4 x 7* Fenix, missing Hera at 6* 12/100.

400 tokens = 5 shards.
120 cantina energy every 24h.
45 cantina energy boost every 24h.
8 cantina energy = 13 cantina tokens farming Luke
12 cantina energy = 21 tokens farming Luke.
16 cantina energy = 28 tokens farming RG or SnowT.

My current plan was a slow work in RG hard nodes only, not viable any more... Changing to work in RG using hard nodes and cantina, that means to stop Luke's progress and leave him at 5*.
Second character, Magmatrooper, enough time in 10 days for 7* in GW store.

However, I could keep farming luke switching RG for ST in the process.
1200 cantina tokens accumulated = 5 * 4 = 20 ST shards.
I'm missing 112 shards for 7*.
112 - 20 = 92

(120 + 45) * 10 days = 1650 energy tops.
1650 / 16 = 103 times (node executed).
103 * 28 = 2884 Cantina tokens.
2884 / 400 = 7 * 5 = 35 shards.

92 - 35 = 57 shards missing.

120 energy refresh for 100 crystals.
2 refreshes x 120 = 240 energy.
240 * 10 days = 2400 energy.
2400 / 16 = 150 times (node executed).
150 * 28 = 4200 Cantina tokens.
4200 / 400 = 10 * 5 = 50 shards.

57 - 50 = 7 shards missing.

However, I can farm those 7 using hard nodes for ST.

I'm screwed... But it is doable... Thoughts or advice?
Best alternative?

:-)

PS: my RG is lvl85 G8, my ST is lvl1 G1. SnowT is lvl30ish G3. MagmaT is lvl65 one piece away from G8. I have only 3.5M credits.
  • I would do storm and RG if u was u. I just got storm to 7* last week and it was prob the easiest farm I have done in the game so far. Rg might be a pain but u are close so finish it.

If you don't have enough cantina money saved to go for just those two, work on RG and magma then. Either way u are so close to RG that u should use all refreshes for cantina and use the free ones for RG's hard nodes
  • Unfortunately I have 0 ally points. I used all of them.

Thanks StrangeTamer292, I'm working on that and MT at the same time. That way if I fall short in one I have an alternative.

It seems I can make it, 32 RG shards already. I will use three refreshes the initial days to make it faster until I run out of crystals.
  • You get a lot of ally points every day, so it'll come.
    I don't really see your problem, you can farm all three (Storm, Magma, RG) as they're in different places.
    Magma is in GW, so you can look for 3 purchases per day, or 15 shards per day. You need 124 (and have enough tokens for one additional purchase), so you're looking at 8 days to get him at 7*. Done deal.
    Storm is in Cantina store as you say, and it's the best place to farm him. You calculated you need 7 additional shards, and those can easily be obtained by farming the three hard nodes (or even only the two 12-energy nodes). Done deal too.
    You plan 253 16-energy Cantina battles, which represents, at the usual average drop rate of 30%, around 75 shards, for either RG or Snowtrooper. Snow can only be reliably farmed there, or through guild store and one hard node, and you need 106 shards for him. Farming his hard node for ten days would give an average of 9 shards, leaving you with 22 shards (on average) to get from the guild shop, or five purchases. In ten days, it could be done, but you're at the mercy of a streak of bad RNG. OTOH you only need 71 shards for RG, and he can also be farmed from two hard nodes (18 shards on average for 10 days), so you're looking at an average drop of (75+18) 93 shards - you'd have a nice security cushion in case of a bad RNG. And you'll be able to get back on Luke faster.
    So, go Magma, Storm and RG, and you'll be able to try different combinations if needed.
    Now, I don't know who are the three other Empire toons you have at 7* already. This could seriously change the advice (I suppose you don't have Shoretrooper at 7*, otherwise two more tanks are not needed).

BTW, moving this to Squad and Character strategy, where it belongs.
  • FYI you've had more then the "10 days" to know he was eventually coming back.
  • "Krayden_Phogg;c-1200141" wrote:
    FYI you've had more then the "10 days" to know he was eventually coming back.

Hence why I'm almost ready to go.

Your post is quite pointless.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,720 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago