Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Rare and underrated characters that you use or fight in the arena?

Typically the swgoh meta will only include a very select few characters, most notably right now would be empire/triumverate with a small smattering of JTR squads simply because she's so OP and hard to get. Unfortunately it's simply too easy/common/ideal to follow the meta, after all why would someone go against the grain when it's much easier to follow it? I say unfortunately because mirror matches and playing against the same squads over and over and over again is mind numbingly boring.

So with all that being said, what are some uncommon squads YOU are using or fighting against? I really started thinking about this after the recent thread where someone showed his cassian/K2SO rebel team cleaning up. Me personally I find Sidious to be highly underrated right now, there's a guy on my ladder who uses Sidious in the 5th slot where TFP/GMT would usually sit and man do those dots+exposes HURT!

Another underrated squad, imo, is the previous meta champions from the rebellion. After the EP/Vader rework it seems like everyone just assumed EP's anti rebel abilities would render them weak/useless, but after this most recent CLS event there's been a couple rebel and titan squads pop up that I'm TERRIFIED of!

So what are some non meta squads you are using/fighting against?