Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Returning Player - GAC

Hey all, I have a question about what I should about GAC. I'm in Division 11 with a GP of 598k, which means if I increase my GP then I'll be put in division 10 and potentially fight people with 800k GP (not entirely sure how the matchmaking works, just that you fight people in your division). I've looked at the leaderboards and I don't think I can compete against these teams yet (there also seems to be a lot of people who purchased the hyperdrive bundle in this division as well based off their roster). I stopped increasing my GP 2 weeks ago (I'm still farming characters, gear, etc) to increase my chances to get #1 in GAC. I did this because I want to get the zeta materials. I should have won my first GAC but I made several misplays in my first match and lost. I came in #4 in the 2nd GAC. This means I've gotten at least 2 zeta materials so far from GAC. My question is this: should I continue doing this?

Background on me: I'm not able to complete the zeta material fleet challenge because I don't have enough ships at 5 stars. This is my primary focus. I am a returning player that invested in a lot of bad characters and didn't use my resources wisely. I know starting over is smarter but I've been trying to fix my mistakes instead. My goal was to stop increasing my GP until I unlock Jedi Knight Revan or have enough ships to do the zeta material fleet challenge. I use 150 crystals a day in regular energy refreshes for hard mode characters. I use my GW and fleet arena currency on ships.

My roster is here: https://swgoh.gg/p/757612489/characters/

Side note: I can make ezra, kanaan, chopper, and dengar *7, I have hera 50/100 shards until *7, I can make jango *3, I can unlock bossk at *2 and HT at *3, I can make the ghost ship *3, I can unlock phantom II at *2 once I have sabine (work in progress), I'm 56/65 on ITF ship to make it *5, and lastly I can make the scimitar *5.

I have 5 million ship building materials and 25 million credits. I can make yoda gear 11, jolee gear 10 and can almost make bastila gear 11 (missing 10 mk 5 stun guns). I know I need to save gear for revan too but I haven't looked into it yet.