Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Returning Player

Hey my dudes,

Just started playing again after about a year off here and I'm beginning to wonder if its worth it? The arena shard I'm in has gotten away from me and to be competitive it would cost which I cannot do. As a F2P player I'm not sure ill be competitive enough to get enough gear to be relevant or even enjoy the characters I can unlock.

Anyone else with a similar experience? What did you do and where are you now?

Thanks all.

https://swgoh.gg/p/943516345/
  • Honestly it depends on whether you decide you like the game or not, I didn’t at first and quit then came back 4 and a half years later and now I play every day without fail and I love it. My only personal regret was that I didn’t start a fresh account but I was returning at a lower level than you are. Being competitive again will be difficult without spend but with the new shard update and a focused plan you can get yourself relatively high in both arena shards but it is a grind. My advice would be to pick someone to aim for and focus them, if you find yourself enjoying it on the way then keep it up so long as you’re having fun. Oh and try to find a good guild, my guild mates honestly help make this game for me being able to chat to other Star Wars fans on a day to day about the game and just other general stuff really adds to the fun
  • If you are in one of the old shards. They can be brutal. My shards in both arena are brutal. Ive played forever but didnt know about shard chats until recently. Actually I'm new to Discord as well. Neither of my shards will even let me in. Ive got maxed GLs out past rank 60 in squad arena. In fleet arena there are maxed Negotiators and Mals out past rank 250. Active players out past 500. Old shards are a joke and EA wont address it. Folks in new sharda have it made.
  • Start over and follow the guides. This way you get a newer shard and have a chance to compete as f2p

You are low enough gp now that you will be able to recoup and catch up in no time as a new account
  • Lol... Very encouraging.

Yeah im going to grind it out a bit more here and see where it goes. Trying to get the toons for CLS currently and will focus on getting palp, thrawn and vader stacked up while a farm shore trooper. Its not as painful as it was before to farm, i still dont understand why there is cooldowns on shore and other shards, seems like a total cash grab and at this rate it will be months before i have a usable toon.

Either way ill ride the wave for a bit, was looking for some encouragement and direction really.
  • I would start over on a new account because you will likely never catch up in arena without spending. If you are open to spending, you should still start a new account and pick up the Hyper bundle which lands you JKR in the first couple days.