Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Rex (L) with ShT

Is Rex (L) with having ShT in the team viable in top end arena? Or shouldnt I use ShT as a taunter in my team? I will be running Rex (L), ShT, EP, Wiggs.
  • "Indominable_J;994468" wrote:
    In the current meta, the biggest need for Rex's lead is to gain full TM after the opening sith attack. Shore applying crit immunity after that is not all that bad. Shore's taunt will heal your team, and he can still be hit with crits, so you're gaining TM there.

This right here... I run Rex (L), ShT, zKylo, zBoba, EP and have no issue beating Zaul or other meta teams. Baze would be preferred, but most of the teams out there run DN anyway, so dispells abound. Really ShT serves one purpose, and that's to negate the opening barrage. I usually wait a few rounds to use his taunt as a spot heal if DN or B2 is present.
  • There's also another advantage to Shore over Baze: no retribution. Baze is going to counter from the opening AOE, and a dodge or crit will put that person back into stealth and grant them TM. Shore won't do that.
  • When I run Zaul I love Baze's cleanse bc it actually helps put my toons back in stealth. I found conventional tanks like ShT or even RG to be more annoying TBH

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago