Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Rex with Mother Talzin, a rather fun Arena alternative (Videos)

Posted this on Reddit and thought I'd share it here as well.

The team: Rex (L), zzR2, zThrawn, General Kenobi, Mother Talzin. R2, GK, and Thrawn are G12. Rex is G11, Talzin is 4* and G11. A guildmate suggested the team to me and I had to try, I really like Talzin's kit and Dark Side in general.

Arena Battles:
1. vs zzCLS (L), zzR2, zHan, zThrawn, GK
2. vs Rex (L), zNihilus, zzR2, GK, zzCLS
3. vs GK (L), zCLS, zHan, zThrawn, zBariss
4. zzzCLS (L), zzR2, zHan, zThrawn, GK
5. vs GK (L), zBariss, zzCLS, zzR2, zHan

I am finding the team to be a lot of fun and it seems to be doing rather decently on defense, I haven't fallen beyond late teens which is pretty good given that two guys are G11 and one of them is 4\*. Talzin needs maximum survivability and your speeds need to be somewhat in the ballpark of your enemies. I would recommend this team if you'd like something different and have Talzin geared.
  • "neogeohunter;c-1334234" wrote:
    Try your team vs. CLS (l), Chaze, Zolo and any other toon and you will fail ;)

Probably, Chaze can be a really good counter against Mother Talzin. But I don't have any Chaze teams left in my top 20 so I couldn't try against one.
  • "neogeohunter;c-1334234" wrote:
    Try your team vs. CLS (l), Chaze, Zolo and any other toon and you will fail ;)

I doubt it, probably wouldn't be able to auto them, but he will win anyway
  • Awesome. Thanks for this. Would you say the gear grind is worth it without gk and thrawn? I'm in the process of a CLS/zolo team, and she would be fun while I wait for CLS to come around again. If for no reason but her really cool animations.
  • "Rmaxtpmx;c-1334767" wrote:
    Awesome. Thanks for this. Would you say the gear grind is worth it without gk and thrawn? I'm in the process of a CLS/zolo team, and she would be fun while I wait for CLS to come around again. If for no reason but her really cool animations.

She's pretty fun IMO and is probably worthwhile, what team can you run around her? Her gearing isn't too bad except for 200 Carbantis.
  • The carbantis make me hesitate. I've been having fun finding different uses for zeta'd r2. Currently running jyn, old Ben, and wiggs. Not sure how she fit into that team. Maybe forgo jyn's revival and stun?

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago