Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Rex

I was in the fortunate position last night to obtain Rex. I love Fives and was thinking of working on getting Rex maxed to compliment his mate.
Does anyone have a decent Rex? Does anyone have any high end stats?
Worth working on?
All help appreciated.
  • Yes, I have 5's maxed out 7*, (5635 or so) and he is my tank, usually last one standing. All 7* & maxed, he goes well with a Sid (L), Dooku, Kylo + Poe or a Healer. I have taken 1st for past 5 of 6 days.....
  • Errr... Thanks for info on fives.
    I was interested in info on Rex. Anyone got him maxed yet and care to share some stats, and performance review?
  • Not to mention he is chromium exclusive and it takes a lot of $$$ to max him, even with his aurodium packs
  • "warmonkey1024;167121" wrote:
    I have Rex maxed out.

10k health, 127 speed, 125 defense, high crit rating (350), 1463 physical damage, 1850 special damage, 35% potency and 35% tenacity.

Overall, not very impressive and doesn't fit well in most of the groups. He has weak survivability if he's not the leader. Even then his HP advantage really doesn't help him much. His special is fun but seems to be bugged, as it doesn't provide all teammates with tenacity up. His 2nd special does significant amount of damage, but that means he'll have to survive the 1st round of damage from fast attackers like GS and Rey.

I'd use him when there's a speed leader available for clones, but other than that, I'd save your gears, credits and ability mats for someone else.

Same here. Very disappointment. The good thing I got the other 3 dudes to 5 stars. Bunch of purples.
    I only bought two pack of $99 crystals. I unlocked Rex like 10 times and I have a bunch of Rex shards
    that I used it to buy 30 GG shards.
  • My Rex is at 6* purple gear lv70, skills ~6. I run him in a Clone team with Fives, Clone Sarge and Plo Koon. Let me tell you right away, the amount of turn meter manipulation you can get going with this team is crazy.

Rex, Plo Koon, Clone Sergeant, all have powerful turn meter manipulation. Fives can just spam slow on everybody. The fifth toon I alternate between old Ben and Royal Guard. Both work great in this team. With Rex in the lead, it is generally robust enough to withstand hits from high DPS toons. With Royal Guard, even more so.

The strengths of the team mitigate the weaknesses. Rather low attack power on the one hand, but relentless pressure and turn meter manipulation on the other. Rex definitely made Clones a viable alternative.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago