Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Royal Guard mod question

Why are 51% of players putting a protection circle mod on Royal Guard? Isn't his new Zeta supposed to give him crazy max health?
    Grogu_4470
    Seasoned Novice
    "GhostRep;d-251889" wrote:
    Why are 51% of players putting a protection circle mod on Royal Guard? Isn't his new Zeta supposed to give him crazy max health?

People don't know that the doubling of max health comes before the LV leader merge.
  • "GhostRep;d-251889" wrote:

Because when you run him under LV, protection turns into health.

Edit: I'm not sure about the order of operations (I was always under the impression that leads triggered before uniques), but that's the logic anyway.
    Grogu_4470
    Seasoned Novice
    "chionophile;c-2320027" wrote:

Edit: I'm not sure about the order of operations (I was always under the impression that leads triggered before uniques), but that's the logic anyway.

Most people thought this, but leads are after uniques
  • "TheChild_eats_eggs1;c-2320062" wrote:

Do you have any evidence for this?
  • "chionophile;c-2320133" wrote:
    "TheChild_eats_eggs1;c-2320062" wrote:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/249716/question-about-royal-guards-health-pool-calculation-at-start-of-battle-under-lord-vader

When you scroll down and see Enigmatic_Potato’s post, he got it exactly right, I’ve tested it myself with HYoda’s heal and it’s exact. Uniques before lead is 100% accurate.
    Grogu_4470
    Seasoned Novice
    "chionophile;c-2320133" wrote:

"WattoisSnoke;c-2320142" wrote:
    "chionophile;c-2320133" wrote:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/249716/question-about-royal-guards-health-pool-calculation-at-start-of-battle-under-lord-vader

When you scroll down and see Enigmatic_Potato’s post, he got it exactly right, I’ve tested it myself with HYoda’s heal and it’s exact. Uniques before lead is 100% accurate.

and I'm pretty sure I've read it elsewhere on many other posts.
  • The 30% max health from LV lead also appears to apply before protection is converted, which means that many times %Health is as good as %protection, and even more so in RGs case