Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Seeking experienced advice: Padme Team

Hi,

I was able to find valuable help before. So I'm trying to figure out how to devote my resources in the best way with the current goal of moving towards a padme team to eventually increase my viability in arena, TW, GAC. Here's a link to me:

https://swgoh.gg/p/647853978/

So, here's my dilemma: In about 22 days, I'll have Padme 7*. My GK will be 6* at that time, but not 7* until probably 50 days after that (75 days from now). And the zetas needed to make the team initially arena viable will be done at around 40 days (Padme Lead, Unique, Ahsoka) with giving that my focus. So, I guess my current goal for this team to be viable is 40 days. I won't have C-3PO yet (150 days away), but instead will use GMY. Will that team at 40 days be better than my JKR team or when will it be? I'm just stacking resources/gearing here so... at 40 days I'd say the Padme team would be: zzPadme G12, zAhsoka G12-R5, JKA R5, zGMY R3-5, GK 6* G11 VS zzzJKR G12, zBastila G12, zJolee G12, JKA R5, zGMY R3-5. Having correct expectations should help me with gear/mod priority.

With this JKR team as is, I finish around 150 daily and I fall to about 220. And FYI, I plan to take GMY out obviously and put C-3PO in but that won't be until about 150 days from now.

TLDR: Can a Padme team with a GK 6* G11 be arena viable? Or am I rushing things and should expect this team to be viable once he is 7* and I can take him G12 and beyond? (Use my current arena team for an idea into my shard difficulty)
  • I would think you'll be doing well with your Padme team. I would look at your arena shard for comparison. Do you see Padme teams comparable to the one you'll run or do you think they're notably better or worse? I would just make sure you mod GK to be extra tanky if you can. He's not the one you want quick in that lineup.
  • imo until you have the JKA and GK zetas, JKR will be better than Padme. But once you get all the zetas Padme is better
  • "AM2Rainman;c-2146391" wrote:
    I would think you'll be doing well with your Padme team. I would look at your arena shard for comparison. Do you see Padme teams comparable to the one you'll run or do you think they're notably better or worse? I would just make sure you mod GK to be extra tanky if you can. He's not the one you want quick in that lineup.
    Thank you very much for your advice.

• I agree that, short term, JKR will be better. Long term, it'll be Padme.

Don't get caught up thinking 3PO is better than Yoda. Against most matchups, Yoda is the better fit, and it's not close. A good Padme team with Yoda is an excellent counter to GAS--and I'm talking about r7 GAS teams. However, you really need a GK that can take serious punishment. You'll have to be patient.

You'll see vids online showing Padme teams beating Malak teams with 3PO. That's against lower tier Malaks. Padme has a very, very tough time against maxed Malaks. The problem is building up enough courage to take out Malak with a big hit. It can be done, but 3PO isn't a magic solution.
  • I was behind on dr and malak meta, I unlocked padme 7* the 2nd time around. I ran padme in arena 6* g11 during the dr malak meta and it was shear hell. Yes padme is a soft counter to Dr, but Malak on the other hand can slay a full padme team after his sith friends die off, if by chance you make it that far.

I used to make it up to top 10 pulling my hair out, padme is a great team, dont get me wrong, i have them all relic and its solid team for every game mode. If your goal is arena you might be disappointed when she dosnt hold well in defense.

As for yoda as the 5th that is a good choice. Padme is very flexible for that 5th spot. R2 can bring some value forcing taunt to kenobi and extra health & protection. Zbarris is ok, courage lets her hit like the big boys. I often use shaak ti since Gas stole her team, she offers clearing buffs, giving out retribution, heal and put anakin in stealth.