Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Sith Marauder

Am I crazy, or might this team work well? Not meta well, but useful in GAC and some modes.

So Marauder gets +10% tenacity, health steal, and defense for every buff on every character. And he gets +2% critical chance, offense, and potency for every debuff on every character. With that in mind, how about this team:
---
Jedi Bastilla (leader) gives her special leadership buff to the 3 Jedi on the team. She has a special that calls an assist and puts several buffs on the target. Her battle meditation puts a buff on each ally until it takes a turn.

Grand Master Yoda puts multiple buffs on every teammate... more if he copies some from enemies first, and more yet if he assisted Bastilla.

Old Ben serves as tank and buffs everyone when doing so. He buffs everyone when he dies. And he puts multiple debuffs - including ability block - on all opponents.

Fallen Bastilla casts a bunch of debuffs on all opponents, and also debuffs all opponents automatically with her corrupted battle meditation.
---
Is it just me, or will all those buffs/debuffs massively boost Marauder? There could easily be 25 buffs at play on his team alone, at one time. Debuffs could quickly add up too with a single special by Old Ben or Fallen Bastilla, although they produce smaller benefits.

Last but not least, Marauder gains 20% turn meter every time an enemy acts outside his turn, aka assists. Seems pretty useful when being swarmed by bugs or clones.

Thoughts? Could that team be very useful? I intentionally built it around boosting Marauder, but it seems fairly balanced to me.
  • Could be useful, but the only time you'll be up against bugs or clones is in TWs or GA, where you need Bastilla and Yoda for a Revan team and Fbast for a Drevan it sith team
  • If its for gac or tw no, your tearing apart two top end teams to make a counter for teams easily countered by traya. Could be a fun squad though.
  • "Psycosaltine;c-1923311" wrote:
    If its for gac or tw no, your tearing apart two top end teams to make a counter for teams easily countered by traya. Could be a fun squad though.

This. Also his damage is really the only thing he's good for, and even that is disappointing unless it's in a DRevan vs DRevan situation where both sides have 30-50 debuffs each.

I like the thinking though OP. Maybe there is a raid team idea in there somewhere.
    Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Like a lot of squad ideas, it would probably work OK, but not well enough to justify splitting up other teams to use it.
  • I love him in my DRevan Squad. His Victory Threw Power Ability is a huge advantage against Jolee, GMY and Bastila.
    Just 1 crit can make a big difference with it.

I modded mine to be a crit and speed heavy, not offense. Crits is where he is most useful, Speed to get more Victories off.
  • Well he is awesome in DR mirror matches. I can beat full G13 squads with Malak because of him. He is also very useful against JKR because of all of the assists.

He might be useful under a Zader lead for the debuffs. I think as someone said earlier you would rather have him on a debuff team for damage.

Now if you could somehow give him a soft taunt and retribution on a buff team, that might be fun...