Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Thrawn Questions

I'm in a very tough Arena shard. My current arena team consists of Zader (7 star; G11) lead, DN (7 stars G10), GK (7 stars G11), Savage (7 stars G9) and TFP (7 stars, G11). Right now, I hover around the 100 ranking each day...sometimes finishing in the 60's when running EP (7 stars G10) instead of Savage (but SO handles defense better and I don't drop as far) and going as low as the low 100's. I unlocked Thrawn yesterday-only at 5 stars though. Which one of my toons could/should he replace and at what point (gear level) would he become arena viable? Lastly, which mods are best suited for him?
  • I think Thrawn can replace TFP in your squad. He is more durable an his Fracture cant be resited.

He is viable at 5* and G10/11.

Mod him for Speed so that you can go first in Arena and give him the Zeta for Ebb and Flow (makes him slow when someone is fractured). Don't waste Potency Mods on him. All of his Debuffs cant be resisted and there is no need of Potency for him. Try to push his Protection as high as posible (Cross and Circle Mod) and make sure his counters make some Damage (Crit Damage/Damage on Triangle).
  • I would also like to know what to do w/ thrawn.
    1) in arena, I'm not sure your team is the best set up, but I would guess get rid of tfp (too squishy) w/out auto taunt to start or GK. Zader you need for lead, DN b/c he is meta, savage for the cleanse and utility on defense.

2) I guess you need potency mods and avoid speed secondaries so fracture stays longer?

3) I'm not sure how to use him in rancor, if he will be good w/ zader, ep, tfp, jyn etc.

4) for HAAT, he can replace RG in your chirpatine, sthan, sun fac (and then GAT) for p3.

anybody else have ideas for 1-3? my advice is based on what I've read and seen, not personal experience yet. I have 7* him last night but not really sure what to do w/ him for rancor or arena or mods
  • I would say TFP must go from that team no matter what, for Thrawn, Tarkin, DT, Krennic, Sass or even EP, whichever you have more developed. Even Sith Trooper, Shoretrooper or B2 as a second tank would be better. He is a liability against Rex or Wiggs teams, and just plain useless against other teams that have pretauters/ cleansers.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago