Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Tip for making the Mandalorian and Greef useful at low star/gear levels

So the Mandalorian can disintegrate and give allies turn meter, and Greef enhances his teammates quite a bit. At lower gear and star levels they won't do crazy damage, but an instant kill and team enhancement still have a lot of value under the right circumstances.

But that's not so great if they die right away, is it? Well, consider putting them under BOBA FETT lead. See the description:

It's a bit underwhelming until you consider that the boost to each team member's Max Health is based on BOBA's Max Health, not the individual BH itself. (This has been discussed and tested extensively in these forums in the past.)

Example: My R5 Boba has 52,500 Max Health. The total potency of the team members is 260%, so half of that is 130%. 130% of 52,500 is 68,250.

So EVERY member of the team gains 68,250 Max Health, including Mando and Greef. That drastically increases their survivability until you can better upgrade them and use a different lead. Mando can survive to disintegrate, and his actual health gain is even bigger considering he self-revives. Greef's health gain greatly complements his ability to stealth to avoid being targeted as well.

Keep in mind that my Boba is indeed reliced but not modded specifically for health, nor is my team highly modded for potency, so it is entirely possible to get bigger Max Health gains.

Hopefully you'll find this tip useful!
  • That's nice to know. But Boba has probably one of the most difficult contracts to trigger. You need to kill off the fastest toon on the opponents team. That's not easy if you fight against a DR or GG team. And what is the point of extra survialbility if you are not able to use Mando's one-shot kill.

As far as I can see, the best leads currently are still Jango or Aurra. Triggering their contract is much faster. And even a squishy Mando can (probably) make it to disintegrate.

• I've actually found his contact to be one of the easiest to trigger, albeit not necessarily against top teams. With Execute's high damage, the additonal CD from the lead, and Boba's ability to ignore taunt, it can be easy to kill that opponent on Boba's first attack, at times.

But yeah, this isn't meant to be a top-level meta killer... more of an option for GAC scenarios to get some use out of the new guys. My Mando's ~25k combined health and protection won't cut it for me.