Forum Discussion

5 years ago

To gear or hoard?

So I’ve got 160/330 shards for SLKR grinding the tickets for the event takes a long time even doing 3 refreshes of energy a day.
I can’t decide whether to hoard gear until I finish unlocking SLKR or to continue gearing toons in preparation for Jedi Luke event which could return anytime in next few months.
My Vader, chewie and wampa are all ready but need to finish off CLS, C3PO, Hoda, Lando, CHS and ROLO. All at different levels, for example CLS only needs to 2 gear piece to reach g13 but CHS only gear 9
  • You'll delay gearing up SLKR if you're not farming/buying his gear. Went all-in to the relic the requirements, might as well go all-in during the unlock phase too.
  • Just thinking I could gear a couple toons for Jedi Luke while earning the tickets for the SLKR event. I’m sure I could definetely gear CKS for example without delaying my gear grind on SLKR once I unlock him, anymore might be a push depending how long takes to earn tickets which is bit RNG
  • It's pretty slow unless you have unlimited crystals/$$. I do 3x 50 refreshes and at least 1x 100 refresh on energy and use it on the Stun Gun node. So far in 3 days I'm 65/330.
  • It's good to focus in gear you may need, and if you want to farm gear that SLKR doesnt need, it can't hurt to much, if it gives a better ROI on ticket farming.

But I wouldnt use gear needed for SLKR on anyone but him until you are done. It's kind of an all or nothing thing, dont lose focus in the last 15%.
  • "Kyno;c-2164864" wrote:
    It's good to focus in gear you may need, and if you want to farm gear that SLKR doesnt need, it can't hurt to much, if it gives a better ROI on ticket farming.

But I wouldnt use gear needed for SLKR on anyone but him until you are done. It's kind of an all or nothing thing, dont lose focus in the last 15%.

Ticket farming seems So slow and painful, worse than farming any gear and feels like I’m losing time on gearing people. There is serious conflict in me about this situation.
    I’ve got all 6 zetas ready ready for SLKR when he’s unlocked and another two in reserve after that. So it’s just a gear issue for SLKR really. From unlock I could take him to at least gear 9 or 10. And then to g12 within a week. Then g13 two weeks more roughly
  • "Richfxxx;c-2164867" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2164864" wrote:
    It's good to focus in gear you may need, and if you want to farm gear that SLKR doesnt need, it can't hurt to much, if it gives a better ROI on ticket farming.

Ticket farming seems So slow and painful, worse than farming any gear and feels like I’m losing time on gearing people. There is serious conflict in me about this situation.
    I’ve got all 6 zetas ready ready for SLKR when he’s unlocked and another two in reserve after that. So it’s just a gear issue for SLKR really. From unlock I could take him to at least gear 9 or 10. And then to g12 within a week. Then g13 two weeks more roughly

Just looked on SWGOH.gg and mag have overestimated how quickly I could gear SLKR. Wow GL take a lot of gear! would now say gear 8 from unlock Then g9, g10, g11, g12 a week each then g13 10-14 days. So a month and half all together roughly.

But now I’ve got all requirements for the event there is no time constraint except event tickets, whereas Jedi Luke could come back in next month or so. That’s why I’m tempted to gamble on farming characters for Jedi Luke while I farm event tickets to unlock SLKR?

Side note I still make top 50 in arena without SLKR at the moment but it’s getting tougher
  • 81 days elapsed since the first Jedi Knight Luke event so unless you can finish all the requirements in the next few days, there is a good chance it will pop up before you are ready.

I would stick with SLKR - you are already carrying the GP burden of relicing all those FO and you need to get the resulting GL online as soon as you can.
  • "Rath_Tarr;c-2164879" wrote:
    81 days elapsed since the first Jedi Knight Luke event so unless you can finish all the requirements in the next few days, there is a good chance it will pop up before you are ready.

I would stick with SLKR - you are already carrying the GP burden of relicing all those FO and you need to get the resulting GL online as soon as you can.

This is safe advice, we dont know when the second run will be, but if you are not basically ready now, there is no advantage to placing gear on those toons.