Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Turns and speeds

Just curious what the point is in having speeds for toons?? I’ve intentionally modded my arena team (traya, Thrawn, sion, DN and bastila) to where sion is one speed faster than Thrawn and at least 50% of the time these jedi get turns in between the two. Really sick of careful planning foiled by rules that no one could hope to understand
  • If you plans are being ruined there is a chance that you are not planning good enough.

Many people understand the rules, maybe try asking to help improve your understanding.
  • Please then, I’d welcome any insight as to how revan teams are getting turns between two toons that I have separated by one speed. Unless I’m allowed to use 288.5 speed I can’t get any closer than what I am.

Sion doesn’t bonus any tm from traya taking damage like DN does so there’s no reason he should become faster to increase that gap. Yet even with perfectly consecutive speeds my toons don’t follow each other.

Additionally I don’t see anything in the jedis kits that should allow them bonus tm to get to 100% tm during Sions turn and then getting the nod on “RNG” giving them the turn.

But in nearly 50% of battles (or better) I’m spreading pain with a 289 speed sion and a 288 Thrawn should go next and isn’t. Jedi get the turn and cleanse. So if I’m missing something I’d be happy to know what so as I can adjust my planning
  • In addition:

This isn’t resulting from gmy countering sions special and getting tm that way. I do see in his kit he gains tm on basic and sometimes does counter. Sometimes in fighting the same team it could be bastila or bindo or whatever that are coming between my toons in turns.
  • When multiple toons hit 100% TM at the same time, it is random for who goes next (unless they changed it and I missed it). So 2 hans going against each other its random who goes first. So in your example, if your Thrawn and w enemy Jedi hit 100% TM at the same time, its possible for the Jedi to go before your Thrawn by random chance. Your Thrawn may also be passing TM and it can just be hard to see at 4x speed.

In your case, I'm assuming its related to the 15% bonus TM Jedi get under Bastila lead or the additional speed they get under Revan lead.
  • could hyoda be countering?

bast passes meditation, sion aoe gets countered, jedi get 5% tm, just beating Thrawn to the punch