Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Unaligned Force User Vs Neutral

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm bothered by the new Unaligned Force User tag. I feel like it wasn't implemented as well as it should have been. If you look at any of the characters who have the tag, you'll notice that they're still aligned with either light or dark side. It feels counter productive. Especially when you are able to look in-game and see that there is a neutral tag that has stayed empty since either around the time of or before the old republic characters were introduced. (That was when I first noticed the tag)
At that time, it seemed natural for at least one neutral character to be released (Revan), but it stayed empty. I feel like Unaligned Force Users should have the neutral tag instead of light or dark side. It would make them harder to fit into other teams, but it would make a lot more sense.
    UC-mariogsh
    Seasoned Novice
    "MikeTahstic;d-245162" wrote:
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm bothered by the new Unaligned Force User tag. I feel like it wasn't implemented as well as it should have been. If you look at any of the characters who have the tag, you'll notice that they're still aligned with either light or dark side. It feels counter productive. Especially when you are able to look in-game and see that there is a neutral tag that has stayed empty since either around the time of or before the old republic characters were introduced. (That was when I first noticed the tag)
    At that time, it seemed natural for at least one neutral character to be released (Revan), but it stayed empty. I feel like Unaligned Force Users should have the neutral tag instead of light or dark side. It would make them harder to fit into other teams, but it would make a lot more sense.

No

Rey wouldn't do "dark side" stuff
    Neither Kylo (at the moments they're represented)

Neutral tag should be for example bounty hunters
  • I think it’s fine this way. There are examples of jedi deliberately leaving the jedi order, yet still remaining «good». Being unaligned refers to them being force sensitive without being part of any order or having a related title. They can still fight for a specific side.
  • Jolee is an interesting one, but I guess the version they went for was while he was still part of the jedi order (or it’s an oversight). After leaving, he was basically the same as Fulcrum.

Nihilus on the other hand, was always a sith lord once he became Darth Nihilus, so no doubt there.
  • "AlwaysBeCam;c-2261403" wrote:
    "mariogsh;c-2261055" wrote:
    "MikeTahstic;d-245162" wrote:

No

Rey wouldn't do "dark side" stuff
    Neither Kylo (at the moments they're represented)

Neutral tag should be for example bounty hunters

Exactly and I think jolee could be in there to

He could, depending on the «version» they picked him from. We currently have the Ahsoka Tano that is still a jedi, and we have Fulcrum. For all we know, the Jolee ingame is the Jolee that was still part of the jedi order.